Pattern Reviews> Taylor Made Designs> Retro Aprons (Retro Aprons)

Reviewed by:cindy-lou

About cindy-loustarstarstar
NC USA
Member since: 7/21/06
Posted on:7/6/08 10:31 AM
Last Updated:7/6/08 10:33 AM

Sew4Fun said... (11/27/09 4:27 AM) Reply
Fabulous apron and a fantastic review! I laughed out loud at the bit where you said, "I fell in LOVE with this pattern... and got a little punch-drunk-happy with it for everyone." The whole reason I'm reading your review is I fell in LOVE with this pattern too and guess what everyone is getting for Christmas. :) This pattern definitely has an intoxicating affect. :)
Marji said... (7/29/08 8:05 AM) Reply
Those are great....and me too, as far as forgetting and missing b'days and anniversary's. It's really hit or miss around here. Love your idea of celebrating all in July.
Annette1 said... (7/7/08 5:08 PM) Reply
Cindy-Lou, what a great review, chock full of so many creative ideas! First of all, I just LOVE that picture. Your mother-in-law is such a little cutie. My mom turns 80 in August. She used to be 5'9" but she's shrinking, too. :o) I can tell by the look on the faces of the recipients that they LOVE their aprons, and why not? I must say, though, I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY like your idea of remembering EVERYBODY in July (conveniently far enough away from Christmas, too, that it's not an extra strain on the budget). I was just telling a friend of mine, I have 12 birthdays that I SHOULD remember in June-August, and I just can't keep track! The ones near the beginning of the month always get their cards or presents late. I did start sending my Christmas cards or letters in July a few years ago, since I never have time at Christmas, so maybe I'll add your ritual to that idea as well!
Peggy L said... (7/7/08 10:38 AM) Reply
They all look great!!!
Lindaw said... (7/7/08 9:03 AM) Reply
I love your aprons and the gifts in July idea is great. Outstanding job!
Karen6790 said... (7/7/08 8:00 AM) Reply
What a great idea - both the gift holiday and aprons. They look very happy with their gifts, and how great that you did it in one day and from stash. You deserve more fabric!
Em's Summer said... (7/6/08 10:49 PM) Reply
Everyone looks so happy in their very pretty aprons! Great job!
Amanda S. said... (7/6/08 8:13 PM) Reply
These are really cute! I'm wanting a fashion apron now.
Dei said... (7/6/08 6:33 PM) Reply
Nice job, Santa. :)
CurlyCrafter said... (7/6/08 6:16 PM) Reply
That is one of the cutest apron patterns I've ever seen - I just love them! Great job!
MissCelie said... (7/6/08 5:36 PM) Reply
I love an apron! These are adorable and look so cute on everyone. I like the one fell swoop gifting idea too!
SewingSusan said... (7/6/08 5:34 PM) Reply
what a great idea and what fabulous aprons. I can't believe you did this all the afternoon of the party!!
MelissaB in WA said... (7/6/08 3:39 PM) Reply
C.U.T.E. aprons, you were the hit of the party I'm sure! WTG girl!!! :-)
CarolynGM said... (7/6/08 2:34 PM) Reply
Love your universal birthday in July celebration. This looks like an outstanding apron pattern. All your prints are too cute.
crisford said... (7/6/08 1:15 PM) Reply
Very, VERY cute!!!
Leora said... (7/6/08 12:33 PM) Reply
I love this idea for gifts. Your aprons turned out wonderfully!
Jill Giard said... (7/6/08 11:57 AM) Reply
What a great idea to celebrate everyone atonce! I love the aprons - they are more versatile than i would've thought!
Heatherrique said... (7/6/08 11:36 AM) Reply
Awesome aprons, Cindy-Lou! Clever gift ideas! Their adorable smiles say it all!
Heatherrique said... (7/6/08 11:36 AM) Reply
Awesome aprons, Cindy-Lou! Clever gift ideas! Their adorable smiles say it all!
drsue said... (7/6/08 11:29 AM) Reply
great job on these aprons. I love your "all bd's on one day idea too! this looks like a great pattern.

More Knits
More Knits

by: gabc

by: EmeraldEri...

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)

Sewing Workshop Plaza Jacket & Pants Pattern