Pattern Reviews> Folkwear> 240 (Rosie the Riveter)

Reviewed by:FreyaStark

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Christas said... (2/16/09 10:09 PM) Reply
Very cute!
fourkid said... (2/16/09 6:16 PM) Reply
This is a great pattern - I loved your pictures wearing it. And you choose such beautiful fabrics!!!
Kellie R. said... (2/16/09 4:24 PM) Reply
I love your shirt! I love fun fabrics, tropical fabrics and fun garments - your lovely shirt fits all of these descriptions. Great job!
fuzzygalore said... (1/10/09 2:42 AM) Reply
I have extreme trouble remembering different seam allowances myself too - much better to trim after sewing the usual. Why don't you just trace the affected pieces, draw a regular allowance around them (or add whatever to it if you don't have seamlines) and use these pieces instead (big "NO' on the old ones). It'd take you 15mn, and spare you the grief for many future shirts. This is a really nice shirt, no point in looking elsewhere, it's worth a bit of time to make it all yours..
birdmcfarland said... (1/9/09 10:12 AM) Reply
Excellent photo! And I love the shirt! I just ordered my first Folkwear pattern, but I may have to do this shirt also.
dbsewer said... (1/9/09 9:18 AM) Reply
Love your shirt and the fabric is great. FYI, the sa is an issue on most of the Folkwear patterns. I keep the pattern handy to remind myself, but these patterns are fun to make otherwise, with period details included in the historic ones.
FreyaStark said... (7/7/08 10:02 PM) Reply
Thanks all for your comments and suggestions. No, I haven't tried the Rosie the Riveter pants, although I certainly like the style.
HeyJane said... (7/7/08 10:16 AM) Reply
Great looking shirt, and a nice photo of it "in action"!
elanor said... (7/7/08 9:30 AM) Reply
Oops...tried to fix a spelling mistake. Still love your shirt!
elanor said... (7/7/08 9:29 AM) Reply
Love it! I've started toying with the idea of cutting all the seam allowances off my patterns after working with Burda WOF. I just draw the seam line on with a washable marker. Makes for accurate sewing. And I really appreciate your action shot. It's nice to see clothes in their natural environment. I've liked this shirt for a while. Have you tried the pants?
Aixoise said... (7/6/08 2:04 PM) Reply
Great shirt in that fabric. If you want to experiment with an alternative, try Cutting Line Designs Town and Country shirt pattern. I've made several of these campshirts and the construction is magical. The line drawing looks exactly like the shirt you made.
crisford said... (7/6/08 1:23 PM) Reply
What a great photo! THe difference in seam allowance should be noted on the pattern pieces. But you could also write your own reminder on them with a bright color. Usually it's easier to work with a smaller SA on the collar pieces. They should come out more accurate, with less trimming.

HotPatterns 1152