Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6457 (Misses' Dresses and Purse)

Reviewed by:michellep74

Last Updated:8/17/08 3:22 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Accessories

Jennifer shaw said... (9/6/08 7:59 PM) Reply
Wow, all of your dresses look wonderful on you. What a great fitting dress!!
Michelle L said... (8/30/08 9:25 PM) Reply
I love all your versions of this dress. It is so flattering on you, and that retro cherry fabric is ADORABLE.
Mary Stiefer said... (8/26/08 10:29 AM) Reply
I love this - it looks so comfy. Congrats on a TNT pattern. You gotta love that.
Heatherrique said... (8/18/08 8:47 PM) Reply
Michelle, another beautiful version from your TNT pattern! I agree that a change of fabric gives another different look! Very versatile! You did a good job making knock-offs of those designer dresses that I recall seeing in one of those high fashion magazines! I would love you to wear any one of these in person!
cathy45 said... (8/18/08 9:32 AM) Reply
They're all adorable!
ITAdmin said... (8/18/08 7:48 AM) Reply
I like all your versions of this, and they all look good on you. I guess my favorite is the cherry print with the red piping.
cmarie12 said... (8/17/08 8:43 PM) Reply
Wow! What a way to work a pattern out! I love all of the versions of this dress!
Ronda Rae said... (8/17/08 8:10 PM) Reply
It looks great. I've been meaning to tell you that you have such a warm and engaging smile.
shesflipped said... (8/17/08 7:05 PM) Reply
These dresses are adorable! Each one is so unique and summery. I also loved learning about how you began your adventure in sewing. You're making your own now! Bravo!
EveS said... (7/8/08 9:14 AM) Reply
What a perfectly summery sundress!!! Very lovely on you...nice job w/ the piping!!
RobinMCPA said... (7/8/08 6:44 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great review! I'm about your height, so I bought this pattern b/c of your comment about it not needing many petite adjustments!
Annette1 said... (7/8/08 1:13 AM) Reply
How PRETTY! Your fabric is just PERFECT for this little dress, and you look so CUTE in it. :o) Just think, you can have ALL the custom made dresses you want now. :o)
Aunt Gail said... (7/7/08 11:11 PM) Reply
Second comment: Look at this link It shows a dress in the exact type pattern by Oscar De La Renta for a mere $4500 plus. Way to go!
mary in FL said... (7/7/08 7:46 PM) Reply
Something about this dress makes you look slimmer -- it's not-too-tight-but-just-skimming-the-body, the happy fabric, the happy smile -- it's just GREAT!!
Merry G said... (7/7/08 7:03 PM) Reply
I just took a class from a lady I had to trace off of her original is very similar to yours but umpire waisted...I just wish it had sleeves...I am going to get this pattern & try looks so nice on you Sew Happy !
Aunt Gail said... (7/7/08 5:42 PM) Reply
Oh your wonderful summer dress is SOoooo Mary Engelbreit ( the artists) It made me feel good just to look at the photo. I love what the red piping did for the dress.
Amanda S. said... (7/7/08 5:32 PM) Reply
Oh, this is so cute on you! Looks like the fit is perfect. I love it!!!
SewLil said... (7/7/08 4:41 PM) Reply
Great summer dress. I have this pattern an I'm 5 inches taller than you, so thanks for the tips about lengthening.
Heatherrique said... (7/7/08 4:23 PM) Reply
Sensational looking sundress! You wear this style with pizazz! You really made this dress look more dashing than what's on the NL envelope!
CurlyCrafter said... (7/7/08 3:05 PM) Reply
Adorable fabric and it looks really cute on you!
sew42mom said... (7/7/08 2:49 PM) Reply
Your sundress looks so comfortable. I love to wear dresses during the summer heat. I must look at this pattern for myself.
dbsewer said... (7/7/08 2:49 PM) Reply
Wow, this is a really cute sundress. I had this pattern in my hands but didn't buy it and seeing how lovely yours turned out I do regret that decision. Also, NL's sizes seem to run awfully small so I wondered how hard it would be to alter the pattern. Your dress looks great on you and the fabric is a real eye catcher. Thanks for the review and motivation.

by: MaidenJane