Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3838 (Misses Tunic)

Reviewed by:heathercampbell29

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops
Tonyasrb said... (5/26/09 9:57 AM) Reply
This looks great on you.
Annette1 said... (7/10/08 1:00 AM) Reply
Hey, Heather, go to this site here, and you'll learn OH SO MUCH about full bust adjustments. It's our own Debbie Cook's site, and she's REALLY good with her alterations and tutorials. Here's the link: http://www.cedesign.com/familyphotos/sewing/info/index.html
rockontinyrebel said... (7/8/08 11:00 PM) Reply
Cute top! And cute haircut, too! :)
Charlene McGill said... (7/8/08 8:16 PM) Reply
Congrats on your FBA! Your top looks great.
heathercampbell29 said... (7/8/08 6:20 PM) Reply
hey, thanks everyone for the lovely compliments! having worn this now for half a day, I'm actually thinking next time I will cut a 16 for the neck area as it is a bit "gap-y" there. I'm not sure how to do an FBA when there are no darts, but I'm going to do McCalls 5661 next and that is a palmer/pletch learning pattern so hopefully that will lead me in the right direction. And Annette - my beautiful complexion is thanks to MAC perfect finish foundation - which I normally don't wear except for special occasions but those undereye circles were really bad!
CurlyCrafter said... (7/8/08 5:55 PM) Reply
I love your blouse - it's a great fit and the fabric is so pretty.
Annette1 said... (7/8/08 5:39 PM) Reply
Geez, I hadn't even noticed this pattern, but yours looks GREAT. All of your fitting expertise has really paid off on a lovely, perfectly fitted top. You have a beautiful complexion, by the way. :o)
Amanda S. said... (7/8/08 5:15 PM) Reply
Great blouse! Looks like you got a perfect fit, too.
sew42mom said... (7/8/08 4:23 PM) Reply
I think this is the first tunic that I have ever liked! You and the top look great!
mis_priss said... (7/8/08 4:20 PM) Reply
nice Job! very nice blouse, glad you got it to fit so nicely.
sb1280 said... (7/8/08 4:20 PM) Reply
It looks great, I really like the fabric. Fitting is always a challenge, but you did a terrific job!
JeanM said... (7/8/08 3:37 PM) Reply
Your top looks great! Neat looking fabric, too. Do the FBA, it's not that hard once you've done one or two! Patterns usually assume a B-cup; I find I usually get a better fit through the neck & shoulders using my high bust to choose the size and doing the FBA. I usually trace off my pattern and do my adjustments on my tracing - if I mess it up, I still have the original pattern (swedish tracing paper, or on the pattern grid from JoAnn's, interfacing section). I use the Fit for Real People book as a guideline but there are other sources available.
kjcaron said... (7/8/08 3:28 PM) Reply
Very pretty and flattering top! I will be adding this one to my wish list.

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns