Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

About Markie1starstarstar
Member since: 11/4/06
Posted on:7/8/08 5:27 PM
camilaustral said... (2/11/10 10:21 PM) Reply
great review, great pictures. and great dress!! she looks very pretty!
Mebber said... (8/5/09 1:19 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress she will treasure forever. Love the silk dupioni - elegant fabric for this work of love and art. Thanks for sharing -
LindsayT said... (7/19/08 8:03 AM) Reply
Just saw this dress and I've marked it as a favorite. My DD will be graduating from HS in two years and will also need a short white dress. This is one she'd love. Thanks!
Deepika said... (7/9/08 6:50 PM) Reply
Wow daisy looks so pretty in her graduation dress. You have got to be the most popular mom in her school!
janet said... (7/9/08 5:05 PM) Reply
Gorgeous daughter, gorgeous dress!
Stitchcakes said... (7/9/08 2:12 PM) Reply
TOO CUTE!! We wore white dresses, too, 'cause our caps and gowns were white. This is so great-looking on her. I wasn't so sure about the single strap either, until I saw her wearing it, but it works! This is a really cute pattern in general, too. Thanks for reviewing it!
jhansby said... (7/9/08 10:15 AM) Reply
Great dress!!
Aixoise said... (7/9/08 0:34 AM) Reply
Lovely dress. Your beautiful daughter makes it even lovelier.
Ann Smith said... (7/9/08 0:14 AM) Reply
This is just way too wonderful. The one strap is a brilliant addition. The poufy bow, the choice of fabric, everything came together to be perfect for your beautiful daughter. What a lucky girl!
shopgrrl said... (7/8/08 11:23 PM) Reply
What a stunning dress. Yours is a huge improvement upon the pattern images. I absolutely love the dupioni choice of fabric as well - it looks like a very expensive dress. Bravo to you!
Karen6790 said... (7/8/08 8:46 PM) Reply
I'm with Gail - this dress is the perfect combination of sophisticated and young. I love all the work you put into it - and I love that she wanted pockets. Can't have too many pockets.
Amanda S. said... (7/8/08 8:30 PM) Reply
What a great dress! I love the single strap and the big bow. She looks so beautiful.
Puppy said... (7/8/08 7:47 PM) Reply
I remember my mother made me a (required) white dress for my junior high graduation (onto which she sew "Daisy" appliques). I'm impressed that ANYTHING today is still done the way it was when I was in junior high...a l o n g time ago!) Anyway, the dress is really wonderful, especially the one strap and the fabulous bow...and the fabric...and, well, everything about it! Grrrreat job!
piffle said... (7/8/08 6:46 PM) Reply
What a great review. Such a stunning dress. Your daughter looks very happy. You've done an incredible job. well done.
Annette1 said... (7/8/08 6:05 PM) Reply
I've always LOVED this pattern, and your rendition COULD NOT BE ANY BETTER! (Your daughter is BEAUTIFUL, by the way.) Ingenious idea to add a little poof to that bow, too. Boy, anything with RUCHING, I'm just a SUCKER for. :o)
Immelu said... (7/8/08 5:51 PM) Reply
That's a fantastic dress! Your daughter looks beautiful!
elanor said... (7/8/08 5:48 PM) Reply
Beautiful. I have been looking for a pattern like this. I agree the boning seems brill.
Aunt Gail said... (7/8/08 5:46 PM) Reply
Incredible dress. I love the design. It is sophisticated but appropriately YOUNG at the same time. The way you handled the whole strapless vs one shoulder seam plus the hidden adjustments really show up in the last pix. Congrats to your daughter on her graduation and especially to you.
CarolynGM said... (7/8/08 5:34 PM) Reply
This is an absolutely darling dress, and your daughter looks radiant in it.

Understanding Wool Fabrics