Pattern Reviews> Shapes> sss01 (Six Sense)

Reviewed by:sewitfitsyou

About sewitfitsyoustar
Posted on:7/9/08 11:45 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts
Luckylibbet said... (7/10/08 12:01 PM) Reply
Another pattern that definitely looks better made up and seen on a real person! Thanks for the review! (BTW - other message boards have been a LOT more forgiving of this new pattern line than this one has)
Leslie Bonner said... (7/9/08 7:11 PM) Reply
Wonderful skirt. You have really inspired me to buy and make that pattern. Great tips.
ALICE IN BAMA said... (7/9/08 5:50 PM) Reply
Thanks I think i dig through my stash and go cut mine out
Peggy L said... (7/9/08 10:48 AM) Reply
Great skirt! This is my favorite in this new line of pattens.
Terri K said... (7/9/08 10:17 AM) Reply
Love, love, love it - and I agree that you made a great fabric choice. Thanks for the construction tips. I'm sure when you get this worked out you'll make another quickly.
Patti B said... (7/9/08 9:53 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for reviewing this skirt! Love to see the details in a larger photo -- might that be possible? I am waiting for my pattern to arrive and will be all set to sew when it comes with a printout of your review. Do update us on the next version.
fryman said... (7/9/08 9:31 AM) Reply
Your review is very insightful. Knowing and understanding ones body type is essential in chosing appropriate pattern & fabric. I notice your skill level is advanced. Any general guidlines for keeping very stretchy knits under control? Thanks
NancyDaQ said... (7/9/08 8:39 AM) Reply
I think it's darling! It's great to see what this skirt looks like on an actual person! I don't understand the negativity toward these patterns either. They're not to everyone's taste, but then what is?
Lorraine K said... (7/9/08 7:40 AM) Reply
Great to see this skirt made up. I really appreciate your comments about the construction order and the darts. I had planned to do back darts a la Loes Hinse, but I'll look at trying them in the side. Thanks.
Athene said... (7/9/08 4:46 AM) Reply
I am a SWS pattern fan and love your skirt. I too hope you post a picture when you make the next one.
Ann Smith said... (7/9/08 0:19 AM) Reply
You are so very quick to have the pattern and sew it up already. My patterns haven't arrived yet. The skirt looks terrific. The pocket detail is charming.
Miriam said... (7/8/08 10:02 PM) Reply
Good fabric choice. I'm glad to see what a nice looking skirt this pattern makes. I hope you let us see your black and white one also.
marthamyers said... (7/8/08 9:57 PM) Reply
Fabulous result! I was just trying to figure out what kind of fabric to use with this pattern. The rayon looks lovely. You've inspired me!

Bluegingerdoll The Peggy Skirt Pattern