Online Sewing Class: Beyond the BoatNeck

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 9759 (2 Hour Separates)

Reviewed by:Cattgirl

About Cattgirlstar
MI USA
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:7/19/03 7:17 PM
Last Updated:7/29/03 5:43 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
Cattgirl said... (7/14/04 11:43 AM) Reply
Glad the review helped you, Mini. Can't wait to see how your muslins and outfits come out.
Mini said... (7/13/04 9:36 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I'm working on muslins of this pattern, and am pleased with the results so far. The tank fits very well with no adjustments, although I used my high bust measurement for the upper part. Even the darts were in the right place! I don't like the separarate facings for neck and armhole, and will use bias binding instead. The pants are okay too, just need a petite adjustment. You are right about the jacket, and I will do mine one size smaller. Very nice easy pattern!
Jules/Vancouver BC said... (7/30/03 3:25 PM) Reply
this was a pattern I quite liked (I think it was my first review here)- although I'm still not fussy about the way they have you finish the facing at the bottom hem of the jacket! *grin* It is a comfy jacket though! The skirt in this pattern package is also lovely - its a very flattering, fluid design, well worth trying out.
Marita Kinnula said... (7/30/03 3:08 AM) Reply
I love those colors, very nice outfits, congrats on time well spent.
AnneM said... (7/29/03 11:37 PM) Reply
Just saw your pictures - love them! Great fabric. (And eased sleeves aren't bad, with a little patience.)
MaryBeth said... (7/29/03 5:51 PM) Reply
Pretty, pretty, pretty
Cattgirl said... (7/29/03 5:48 PM) Reply
Thanks for the observations. Just changed the photo links - hope you'll be able to see things better now. The sleeve's a cut-on for this pattern. I haven't gotten the nerve to try easing yet, so most of the patterns I pick are cut-on or dropped shoulder. That's my next frontier to conquer.
Sherril Miller said... (7/29/03 5:13 PM) Reply
I love your outfit. The pattern makes the top look like a cut-on sleeve. But the print on yours looks like a sewn sleeve. Which is it?
CatherineN said... (7/29/03 4:35 PM) Reply
Couldn't access the photo but could see the jacket. Interesting how the print in the jacket matches the skirt making it look at first glance like long coat.
AnneM said... (7/19/03 7:46 PM) Reply
Nice pattern; thanks for the review. Definitely would work as a season transition outfit. My mom is a 22W (about); I haven't made her much yet but I plan to increase the amount.

Pattern Work
Pattern Work

StyleArc Kate Dress

by: JudyCook

Islander Sewing Systems Every Bodies Shirt (VS-XL)

Islander Sewing Systems Every Bodies Shirt (VS-XL)

THE SKIRTS - A CD Book By Kenneth King