Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8497 (Marcy Tilton Wearable Art)

Reviewed by:Danvillegirl

About Danvillegirlstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/6/03
Posted on:7/10/08 8:20 AM
Last Updated:7/10/08 10:51 AM
Pattern Size:Petite
Izzie said... (3/4/09 0:22 AM) Reply
Great review of this top! I'm preparing to make this and I appreciate that you showed the side seam vent, I was wondering what that looks like and you can't really see it on the pattern envelope.
Fictionfan said... (7/11/08 1:49 PM) Reply
Although you said you'd prefer a beefier material, I like the look of the more drapey knit you used better than the sitffer material depicted on the pattern envelope. Nice looking top!
2BSewing said... (7/10/08 8:52 PM) Reply
Your knit tee looks great. I love the color.
Caitycat said... (7/10/08 6:41 PM) Reply
An interesting design well executed - good job!
Winifred said... (7/10/08 5:46 PM) Reply
Thankyou for a great review on a lovely top. It really looks good on you. I have this pattern and its waiting patiently to be made up! I'm not though - I want everything at once or sooner !!!
Peggy L said... (7/10/08 11:22 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. This one is on my list, too, and I'll use a heavier knit.
Elona said... (7/10/08 10:56 AM) Reply
What a terrific, informative review. You know, the tee is very pretty, though I agree that a heftier knit might have been more satisfying. Another reviewer here actually got some feedback from Marcy about this pattern, and you are right: She recommends a beefy knit with lycra.
pterion said... (7/10/08 10:05 AM) Reply
I think this T looks great. Lovely color. I have this pattern too and hope to get around to it soon.
marec said... (7/10/08 9:31 AM) Reply
I love the tee and have played around with ideas such as the one in the pattern. Marcy does such nice work, doesn't she? Thanks for the great tip on fabric selection-I'll be careful to pick a heavier knit if I try this pattern. All that being said, I love your yop and the color is fabulous.
papago said... (7/10/08 9:07 AM) Reply
Very interesting review. I have been curious about this pattern and will take your observations to heart when I try it. The fabric is quite lovely and looks nice on you even though you would have prefered a more stable knit.
Dee2 said... (7/10/08 9:03 AM) Reply
Another great top! I like the fabric you chose for this pattern & the color is great on you. Thanks for all the fitting tips.
carolynw said... (7/10/08 8:55 AM) Reply
I realy like your tee - have the pattern so will find your review very helpful when I get to sewing it
Gelbean said... (7/10/08 8:27 AM) Reply
Your tee shirt looks very nice.

by: kidmd