Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1036

About Shannon Giffordstar
Member since: 3/20/02
Posted on:7/10/08 5:22 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 44 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
PureJoy said... (5/31/14 7:28 PM) Reply
6 years later, this review is helping me in 2014! I'm tissue fitting the pattern right now and all the detail in this review is priceless. Thank you for helping me to have a better outcome
blue mooney said... (7/13/08 9:08 AM) Reply
Not boring to me - looks very "Ladies who lunch"! Thanks for your insights.
Dei said... (7/12/08 6:48 AM) Reply
Detail heaven. Your accomplished skills shine.
Allie in Hong Kong said... (7/12/08 1:43 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks beautiful - I love love love the sleeve detail!
VtMartha said... (7/11/08 5:07 PM) Reply
Picture glitch seems to have resolved. This is gorgeous!
moushka said... (7/11/08 3:26 PM) Reply
Mmmm, boxy works for me, lol, so now this is a contender where I thought it wouldn't be. I'm really into 'essence of waist,' with just a tiny nip-in about an inch above where my waist should be. Counteracts the four-square look of the real thing. I really think Sandra designs for the more mature figure that is spreading a bit in the middle so I'm glad to see the sleeve detail. You've really taken this jacket to another level with the silk fabric and cording, Shannon. Beautiful job. I think this is worth doing, especially if you have fabulous hands to show off.
VtMartha said... (7/11/08 2:50 PM) Reply
Hmm! I can't open the photos. They begin to open in FoPR and then switch to a photobucket site of family pix. I'd love to see as it sounds wonderful.
Luckylibbet said... (7/11/08 12:17 PM) Reply
Very informative review - you include the exact details others need to know. Your version is lovely - the contrast rayon cording is brilliant!
cindyann said... (7/11/08 10:33 AM) Reply
Just lovely! The rayon cording is perfection. Thank you for the excellent review.
Karine said... (7/11/08 10:01 AM) Reply
Thanks for the helpful review. Your jacket is just incredible!
Lisa Laree said... (7/11/08 9:47 AM) Reply
I've got this pattern mentally matched w/some stashed wool for a fall/winter outfit (maybe this fall/winter...maybe not...); I really appreciate your tips!!!
Stitchcakes said... (7/11/08 9:17 AM) Reply
Really neat stitching!
AuntieShel said... (7/11/08 8:38 AM) Reply
Oooooh, absolutely fabulous jacket!!!
carolynw said... (7/11/08 8:22 AM) Reply
Excellent job - your jacket looks lovely - all your hard work has sure paid off
goldenthreads said... (7/11/08 4:54 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket. Your topstitching is flawless.
MaryBeth said... (7/10/08 10:12 PM) Reply
Thx for a great review. This pattern is on my list and I would have done the subtle color topstitching you did. You've saved me a ton of work!
Karen6790 said... (7/10/08 9:34 PM) Reply
Shannon, that sleeve detail photo is just beautiful. I love the cording and and applaud your patience for sewing it on by hand. It makes all the difference. Wonderful jacket.
lmg said... (7/10/08 9:27 PM) Reply
Just a lovely jacket!!!. The cording is fabulous. I too had trouble with the back waistband but thought it was just me. And it is a bit boxy, but I love the details.
Karen8320 said... (7/10/08 9:18 PM) Reply
Shannon, it's wonderful to see your work! Thanks for sharing your insights of this pattern. You've really done a fabulous job here. The thought of a jacket in ivory raw silk is very appealing. I love what you've done with the cord trim. It really gives this garment a very couture look. It's beautiful!
Sew4Fun said... (7/10/08 7:07 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! I love how you did the cording. I've been wanting to sew this pattern but after your review now I'm not so sure. I wanted a jacket with a lot of shape. Thanks for the informative review. It will be very helpful if I do decide to go ahead with this pattern.
Terri Smith said... (7/10/08 7:02 PM) Reply
Beautiful work, lovely jacket.
CarolynGM said... (7/10/08 6:49 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket -- I love the way you set off the topstitching with the contrast rayon cording. That must have taken forever! Thanks for the closeup of the gorgeous sleeve detail.
papago said... (7/10/08 6:40 PM) Reply
Really pretty jacket. Beautiful detail.
Caitycat said... (7/10/08 6:32 PM) Reply
Beautiful job - what a stunnig jacket! Love the detail on the sleeves. Thanks for the review, I've been eyeing off this pattern too.
Shannon Gifford said... (7/10/08 6:22 PM) Reply
Amanda, I applied the cord by hand. I tested a zigzag stitch, but it caused a pucker in the fabric. Hand-stitching was the only viable option:)
Winifred said... (7/10/08 5:31 PM) Reply
This is beautiful and I can see what a great deal of work it must have been. Thanks for a very helpful review.
Amanda S. said... (7/10/08 5:29 PM) Reply
This looks really nice. I had considered this pattern as well, glad to see your review and that it's boxy. I think I'll pass now. But yours is really pretty. How did you apply the cording to the topstitching?

by: SavageCoco

Islander Sewing Systems Men's City Western Shirt Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Men's City Western Shirt Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Details Express Shirt (Size 1X-4X)

Islander Sewing Systems Details Express Shirt (Size 1X-4X)