Pattern Reviews> Amy Butler> AB036BI (Birdie Sling)

Reviewed by:Avienndha

About Avienndhastar
CT USA
Member since: 2/4/07
Posted on:7/10/08 6:38 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
arlo said... (7/20/10 6:55 PM) Reply
@roxierocks: great suggestion - I'm going to use this!
crazygrad said... (10/18/08 4:09 PM) Reply
Nice bag! Love that fabric!
roxierocks said... (9/29/08 7:21 PM) Reply
Lovely. I just bought the pattern and can't wait to make it. What I do about keys: make a long skinny "handle" out of your scrap material that is left over and purchase one of those lobster claw hooks and sew it on the end. Take out your side seam about 4 or so inches from the top side, insert the raw end of the "handle or belt" and sew it in by re-seaming what you opened. Make sure the end will rest on the bottom of the bag or with the weight of your keys attached itt will cause the top to flop over. Problem solved. Works great every time. Then, just grab the belt, pull it up to you and there are your keys. Good luck.
Annelisa said... (7/12/08 2:16 AM) Reply
This is such an adorable bag, great choice of fabric combination. This one is on my to do list as well.
Avienndha said... (7/11/08 8:47 AM) Reply
Deborah, I would say yes to the grocery bag if you're only popping in for a few items. It's huge honestly! I often throw a few items in there when at the store rather than using a bag. Maybe line it with oil cloth so you can wipe it out? Thanks for the comment!
Darla in PA said... (7/11/08 7:08 AM) Reply
Very cute bag! The fabrics are really cute.
Deborah K said... (7/11/08 1:40 AM) Reply
Crazy question, but, would this bag work well as a grocery bag? (I would probably leave out the lining, except for the top part. What do you think?
Avienndha said... (7/10/08 9:00 PM) Reply
Thank you! I got both at Joann Fabrics. All the linen was 60% off, couldn't pass it up!
Stacy Sews said... (7/10/08 7:56 PM) Reply
Absolutely adorable!!! I love the fabrics you used with it too - it makes me want to sew my pattern up!
christea said... (7/10/08 7:55 PM) Reply
I'm about to sew this myself. Thanks for review-also, where did you get those lovely fabrics you used in both your projects?

BurdaStyle Magazine 12-2013-128B