Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1052 (Issey Miyake)

Reviewed by:ITAdmin

Last Updated:7/15/08 9:51 AM

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Pants

Other Projects by ITAdmin using this Pattern

Gendun said... (3/13/13 10:27 PM) Reply
Beautiful edge, and thanks for a really helpful review. Question, pls: Where does one buy this cord? I'm in a smaller city & the idea of trying to get a colour match over the internet makes my skin crawl! LOL Thanks!
Gendun said... (3/13/13 10:22 PM) Reply
marjenann said... (9/3/10 5:30 PM) Reply
Terrific review!! I am going to attempt the corded edge!! Your top is stunning!!
Tina Rathbone said... (2/7/10 2:30 AM) Reply
Wow, just a beautiful job and a perfect review. I'm actually tempted to sew this thing!
Monabel said... (11/22/09 11:47 AM) Reply
Lovely! bravo on the corded edge!
ITAdmin said... (8/19/09 6:35 AM) Reply
greytone, I like to use Size 5 Pearl Cotton. It seems to be a good weight and size. Most craft stores carry it; I've bought at both JoAnn's and Michael's. Look in the cross stitch/embroidery sections of the store. It comes in a few sizes so you can go thinner or thicker if you like.
greytone said... (8/18/09 12:09 PM) Reply
I have had this pattern cut out for a while and am happy I read your review. I believe your technique for finishing the collar is better than the one on the instruction sheet. I am prepared to try it, but need to ask what did you use as cording and where can I buy it? Thanx for sharing!
Sigrid. said... (7/22/09 5:36 AM) Reply
Just saw your review because of the link you gave in the Fagotting technique review. What a beautiful technique with the cording. I must remember this!
Nancywin said... (7/20/09 11:28 AM) Reply
I missed this reveiw the first time around. I love the cording you did on this and would like to try it.
katie lynne said... (7/15/09 5:17 PM) Reply
I am flat out inspired. These garments are exquisite.
Dmd4106 said... (10/6/08 7:53 PM) Reply
Great outfit! I love the colorway and the drape is prefection!
Rebecca D said... (9/25/08 7:09 AM) Reply
I found this review tremendously helpful as I am about to make this jacket during an upcoming sewing retreat. Thanks for all the good direction on the cording. I may try that finish myself.
Nancy Rhodes said... (9/6/08 7:32 AM) Reply
The cording on the edge makes your jacket superb! Great detail and execution. Fabulous results! Thanks for the detail photos... well done too.
Rustybobn said... (7/16/08 3:30 PM) Reply
Very nice! Thanks for all the details.
Marji said... (7/16/08 9:11 AM) Reply
I love the drama of the collar, and the corded edge is a bit of inspired brilliance. Thanks for the great review and ideas.
Ronda Rae said... (7/16/08 8:35 AM) Reply
What a great review. Thanks for the tutes.
Fran G said... (7/16/08 7:31 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket; love the soft color. Your attention to detail is amazing and thanks so much for the detailed instructions re: the cording and application.
kellymailinglist said... (7/16/08 7:12 AM) Reply
I can't imagine a more informative review or better photos--thanks so much!
merteuil said... (7/16/08 3:14 AM) Reply
Beautiful! thanks for this excellent review!
lmg said... (7/15/08 11:50 PM) Reply
Wow, great looking jacket. I love that corded edge. Thanks for all the great tips on that.
ITAdmin said... (7/15/08 8:45 PM) Reply
Thanks to all for the kind comments. Kristen, I used No. 5 pearl cotton for the cording. In the projects I've done, I have used only that or regular DMC embroidery floss. Both work well; the pearl cotton is just a little tighter and easier to handle.
Natasha B said... (7/15/08 7:37 PM) Reply
I have loved this jacket since the pattern was released and your version looks great. If only my skils were up to it!
BillieJean said... (7/15/08 7:19 PM) Reply
This is absolutely gorgeous! I just love it.
Ann Smith said... (7/15/08 5:07 PM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket and great review. So much good information about the cording especially. I like that finish.
marthamyers said... (7/15/08 3:30 PM) Reply
Fabulous jacket! Thanks for the detailed review and all the pictures. You've inspired me. I was wondering how this jacket would look and yours is just lovely.
carolynw said... (7/15/08 1:32 PM) Reply
Well done - your jacket is beautiful - the corded edges on the collar add that extra something that makes it look really professional
maryfrana said... (7/15/08 11:05 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for the detailed and thoughtful review. The photos of the cording make me believe I could do it! This jacket is perfect. Beautiful color, love the collar but it is really your cording, welting, etc. that make this so perfect. What a pro.
Kristen said... (7/15/08 10:55 AM) Reply
Lovely....The corded edge really finishes it nicely. Was this cording a 1mm cord?
michellep74 said... (7/15/08 10:54 AM) Reply
Amazing looking jacket! Congratulations on completing this beautiful piece!
Mahler said... (7/15/08 10:40 AM) Reply
You wrote an excellent review. You jacket is very nice. The collar finish is very well done. Bravo for this exquisite project.
CatMukai said... (7/15/08 10:39 AM) Reply
Great photos! The jacket is lovely. Thanks!
PsychedOnSewing said... (7/15/08 10:22 AM) Reply
I love everything about your jacket - the fresh color, the beautiful cording, the perfect drape. No one would ever believe you hadn't done a welt pocket before - it's downright inspiring! And thanks so much for the great detailed review/tips...
CarolynGM said... (7/15/08 10:06 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for the detail on how to do the corded edge. Your jacket looks wonderful. I like the drama and the bright color.

StyleArc Wallis Pant