Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2075 (Misses' panties)

Reviewed by:MariaDenmark

About MariaDenmarkstarstar
Member since: 5/13/03
Posted on:7/20/03 9:10 AM
See other patterns in this category: Lingerie
Tallahasseelassie said... (10/13/09 2:05 PM) Reply
Love your garment! Thanks for writing review.
Katharine in BXL said... (9/17/03 4:10 PM) Reply
Maria, lovely panties! And all of your suspected spelling boo-boos were correct. :) --(American) Katharine in the Netherlands
MariaDenmark said... (8/6/03 7:39 AM) Reply
Okay - about the cotton knit - I asked in the fabric store, and he dais that it's true that some of the best cotton knit in the world is produced here - in fact all of the cotton knit that H&M (Hennes & Mauritz) use is produced here. Unfortunately, the factories don't sell to danish fabric stores, but instead to industry and to chain fabric stores for instance in the USA... I hate that - As I said - it's the same as with the good butter and bacon - all is exported.. :-(
He had tried to ask the factories if he could buy the remains of the large rolls - but they are just destroyed - it's just crazy!
Ann C said... (7/22/03 10:21 PM) Reply
Keep trying to source some of those good Danish knits. Thanks.
Deepika said... (7/22/03 7:05 PM) Reply
Maria, love that print! And thanks for the tip on just xeroxing the pattern. I too have a multifunction printer and I have both the patterns you compared :) very helpful review.
Diane E said... (7/22/03 1:55 PM) Reply
Maria, your lingerie is really pretty. I have both 2075 and 2908 and as soon as I have a few minutes indoors, I'm going to try both. I love your photocopy tip! Thanks.
MariaDenmark said... (7/20/03 3:31 PM) Reply
Mary - this is the first I've heard of this.. no I think that it used to be true - we used to have a very large textile industry, but most of it has moved to eastern europe to save money, and now they are talking about moving it to malaysia etc... Too bad! Also we still have factories here, but I think it's the same thing as with butter and cheese and bacon - all the good stuff gets exported :-(
But I will look in to it and ask in my favorite fabricstore (which is also the most expensive..)
MaryG said... (7/20/03 3:23 PM) Reply
Maria, Danish cotton knit is well known to be very high quality. Do you have any sources that you could recommend? Thank you for your candide comparison of these too patterns.
MariaDenmark said... (7/20/03 1:25 PM) Reply
I love the fabric, too - I went to see if I could get some more (since I also got orders from my sister and friend on t-shirts in this fabric), but unfortunately they are out of it. But I love fabric with funny prints, (but can't afford them, really) so I might have to make a deal with the owner of the fabric store... maybe I can make a danish sewing -page, and he can advertise in return for me getting free print fabric :-)
Gigi Louis said... (7/20/03 11:25 AM) Reply
Maria, I love your choice of fabric!
Tonia Van Dyk said... (7/20/03 11:03 AM) Reply
Love the fabric, Maria - these are really cute!

Kwik Sew 3199

by: yummymummy...

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)

Sewing Workshop 8th Avenue Skirt Pattern