Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4940

SC USA
Member since: 6/30/08
Posted on:7/11/08 5:19 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Costumes
crystalwoods said... (8/11/08 5:28 PM) Reply
I love the look you have creaated! Very flattering and romantic. I have this pattern, but I have been stalling on sewing it up - I must get to it now you have inspired me. Thanks for the review and the information about the sleeves.
BumblebeeGrace said... (7/25/08 2:07 PM) Reply
Oooh the ribbon behind the shoulders would be a great idea! Loops to the bra strap wouldn't work for those heavy sleeves. It would probably pull them down too. Plus because of the width at the shoulders I was wearing a strapless anyhow.
svetlana said... (7/11/08 8:14 PM) Reply
I love the fabric. It really evokes the mystery/fantasy. You look like the queen of wood nymphs. The elaborate belled sleeves on some of this period/fantasy custumes really do pull down the shoulders. I have made several different patterns and ended up adding a ribbon/tie in the back to hold the shoulders together. I have been wondering if some sort of loop to attach to the bra straps would work? Any body else have some useful ideas for this problem?

More Knits