Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6805 (Misses Dresses)

Reviewed by:michellep74

About michellep74starstarstar
WA United States
Member since: 7/19/07
Posted on:7/11/08 6:42 PM
MonaNicLeoid said... (6/24/12 3:44 PM) Reply
Fantastic fabric choice, and thank you so much for your detailed review!
Norsecross said... (8/24/11 5:09 PM) Reply
I am big on making 'wearable muslins' but maybe for this dress I will follow your advice and make a real muslin-muslin. I have a boarder patterned fabric that I expressly purchased this pattern for,so I will "make it work".
suziestewart said... (12/5/08 7:04 PM) Reply
well i nearly bought the pattern but I will now go for the other one you mentioned. Thanks
Michelle L said... (8/30/08 9:23 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review, I love the fabric, and I am sorry you struggled so much with the bodice. The skirt looks fantastic, however. Perhaps you could make a hybrid with this awesome skirt and the bodice from the dress that worked much better for you?
EveS said... (8/21/08 0:36 AM) Reply
Michelle, great review for a lovely dress. This was in the gallery when I was MIA for a spell so I missed it. :( Love the fabric and you sound like you've got the frankenpattern plans working for the next version...yay! BTW, can I steal your rating thoughts? That's exactly how I've felt about many a pattern but you we're so spot-on with this description. Thank you!!! :)
Heatherrique said... (7/12/08 2:04 PM) Reply
Michelle, love this cool retro/modern edge look on you! I adore your version!
Mahler said... (7/12/08 11:31 AM) Reply
Great review and a beautiful dress that suits you wonderfully.
Beek said... (7/12/08 9:25 AM) Reply
Very lovely dress. It reminds me of those wonderfully flattering 50's dresses.
MissCelie said... (7/12/08 9:09 AM) Reply
I'm sorry, I was rather distracted by the pretty ring on your left hand. Once I stopped staring at that I was able to take in the loveliness that is your dress. I too love a border print and I'm glad you were able to make the bodice work for you in the end. The skirt is fabulous.
Annette1 said... (7/12/08 2:04 AM) Reply
Well, all your tweaking certainly paid off, because you've got a great dress now with that FABULOUS use of the border print skirt! :o) Good idea, to morph it with the bodice from the other pattern. :o)
Amber in Norfolk said... (7/11/08 11:31 PM) Reply
It's really cute and yeah the skirt fits you very well. Thanks for all the good info!
suesmith said... (7/11/08 9:29 PM) Reply
Love the skirt on this with the border print!
SewingSusan said... (7/11/08 8:39 PM) Reply
You reminded me that I had the same problem with the strap laying at a weird angle where they attached to the bodice. I forgot about that. That's an excellent recommendation to morph these two patterns as I agree that the skirt on this one is wonderful. Great looking dress despite your headaches!

SewBaby Travel Nappers Pattern