Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8241 (Dress)

Reviewed by:leanmeansewingmachine

About leanmeansewingmachinestarstar
Member since: 8/20/05
Posted on:7/11/08 7:05 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Formalwear

Kaytdid said... (7/16/08 1:45 PM) Reply
Thanks for the "warnings!" I have some "stash" lightweight double knit with metallic thread design that I wanted to use for this dress, and will consider the waist casing, armhole and neckline alterations you suggested.
leanmeansewingmachine said... (7/12/08 5:58 PM) Reply
bananaoil, My thoughts were headed in that direction but everything I looked at reminded me of a bridesmaid ensemble! I do have a nice necklace to wear with it, it just didn't go with the black belt. I'll probably go ahead and make a tie/belt with the extra fabric. That may also help.
bananaoil said... (7/12/08 1:07 PM) Reply
Idea? Make this dress the back drop to a kimono or other topper in some beautiful fabric. Maybe a sheer that might not have another best use.
maryfrana said... (7/12/08 11:29 AM) Reply
I love the neck/shoulder line on this dress, and the "little love" is a sweet touch. This is a very nice design and I think it looks lovely on you.
cindyann said... (7/12/08 10:35 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I love this style of dress so I'm glad to have a heads up on this patterns problems.
Marji said... (7/12/08 10:07 AM) Reply
I had to LOL at your comment "it just didn't make me look like the picture on the envelope". I totally understand that sentiment. Sorry you didn't get the dress you wanted from it, but thanks for writing the review anyway.
Beek said... (7/12/08 9:24 AM) Reply
Your review reminds me of some of my sewing episodes. I had to laugh, but I do think your dress is lovely.
CA Eisenhour said... (7/12/08 1:32 AM) Reply
I think the dress looks lovely on you! Have you thought about a bright colored silk sash or scarf to wrap around the waist? Love the "Butterfly Effect" ~Connie
Annette1 said... (7/12/08 1:32 AM) Reply
Well, it IS a pretty dress, even if it didn't turn out exactly as you'd hoped. Those little tucks at the shoulders is a GREAT idea!
The Technique of Underlining Garments