Online Sewing Class: More Knits

Pattern Reviews> Marfy> 1705 (Updated: Gathered dart tunic)

Reviewed by:Debra H

Sweater knit fabrics

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

KiwiWendy said... (10/1/08 7:58 PM) Reply
Well written and a good looking outcome. I thought it was a knit top pattern, so I was really startled to read that it's for wovens. What were Marfy thinking, cos they usually get it right.
Re Becca said... (7/17/08 11:01 AM) Reply
Thanks for showing the pattern piece, that really show how the front works. I really like the neckline treatment here. Thanks for sticking with this and giving us such an informative review.
CurlyCrafter said... (7/17/08 0:29 AM) Reply
That's too bad about the problems but your top turned out so lovely. In fact I think your top is so much cuter than the pattern pic.
Terri A said... (7/16/08 11:44 PM) Reply
Very nice! I have always been curious about Marfy patterns.
Awi said... (7/16/08 10:07 PM) Reply
it's been said so much already, but those pockets are fabulous!!
jcortell said... (7/15/08 8:55 AM) Reply
A well written journal on the pattern experience.
Winifred said... (7/14/08 5:51 PM) Reply
Very well done indeed - love the colour too. I would like info on the pockets please, either on here or e.mail. thanks
petro said... (7/14/08 4:11 PM) Reply
I love what you have finally ended up with, especially the pockets, (yes please more info) , but can't quite figure what you mean by cross over darts from the photo. Its a great top.
LindsayT said... (7/14/08 3:42 PM) Reply
I bet this is cute on you and perfect for a hot summer day. Love the pocket detail.
TrixieD said... (7/14/08 1:17 PM) Reply
I love the colour and what you did with the style to tailor it. Fab pockets!
Luckylibbet said... (7/14/08 10:56 AM) Reply
Thanks for the heads-up! As always, a very thoughtful and thorough review.
OP Gal said... (7/14/08 9:44 AM) Reply
I'm sorry that the pattern didn't work out for you. I can only imagine how difficult it must have been to size this down without any smaller size markings to use as a guide. You did a wonderful job. I love the pockets and think they really added to the design.
Jane S said... (7/14/08 9:30 AM) Reply
Great save on this summer top. Thanks for such a detailed review, as always, especially generous of you when the pattern was frustrating to work with this time.
marjenann said... (7/14/08 9:07 AM) Reply
What a perfect summer garment. Everything comes together so well. The Marfy details, and your pocket addition make it a stand-out!!! -Annette
Kristine Kay said... (7/14/08 8:31 AM) Reply
I love the pockets! This current trend of "tent" dresses is really frustrating to sew and measure correctly, but I do love your tunic!
AnneMarie60 said... (7/14/08 8:05 AM) Reply
Too bad about the fitting difficulties. As always, though, you ended up with a terrific garment, even if it wasn't exactly what you had initially intended.
Lori V said... (7/14/08 7:23 AM) Reply
This is a such a cute and stylish top. You always do such a wonderful job on your garments.
squirrellypoo said... (7/14/08 7:11 AM) Reply
Wow, that's a lot of work! But the neckline and pockets look great! I'm amazed they didn't mark the front and back sleeve - that's one of the very few pattern markings I actually transfer onto my fabric (I find the Big 4 put waaaaaay too many marks everywhere). All good info since I'm eyeing up my first Marfy...
hongkongshopper said... (7/14/08 6:29 AM) Reply
What a shame! But you made it work in the end. Very stylish!!
yorkshire lass said... (7/14/08 3:28 AM) Reply
Really cute tunic. Sorry you had problems with the fit but it is looking really good now and worth the extra work you had to put into it.
Twinset said... (7/14/08 2:20 AM) Reply
This looks really nice; the pockets are so cute, and so is the neckline! You did a great job adjusting this pattern to fit you and ended up with a great tunic!

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns
Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns

StyleArc Tamara Knit Top

by: Sue Parrot...

Islander Sewing Systems Women's City Western Blouse Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Women's City Western Blouse Pattern

Sew Chic Valentine Slip Pattern (ln1207)

Sew Chic Valentine Slip Pattern (ln1207)