Pattern Reviews> Saf-T-Pockets> 9600 (Journey Jacket)

Reviewed by:SJ Kurtz

About SJ Kurtzstar
WA USA
Member since: 6/6/03
Posted on:7/23/03 5:47 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
SJ Kurtz said... (11/24/03 2:41 AM) Reply
Lisa, yes! If you sewed a stiff enough underlining to the body fabric (not to the lining with the pockets), it could probably work.
Terry McCormick said... (7/27/03 3:05 PM) Reply
I've had this pattern for so long I can't remember when I bought it - at least 5 years, perhaps more. I have never made it up - although I think about it a lot - saw it made as wearable art in a quilt shop a few years ago and it was stunning. The fabric advice in this review will make a huge difference - I do want to make it and this will mean I don't make a mistake and end up not liking the garment. Thanks!
Rhonda Noah said... (7/24/03 6:31 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I have some Saf-T-Pockets patterns (not this one, though) and need to get one sewn up. I had wondered about fabric choice. Thanks for your tips. Your review is very helpful.
Irene said... (7/23/03 5:01 PM) Reply
This fabric advice is so helpful! This seems like a good opportunity to use yardage that coordinates nicely but isn't big enough for a complete garment. I'll be alert for the need to grade down, without deleting ease for stuff in those pockets.
AnneM said... (7/23/03 12:19 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I have some items from Travel Smith that I like, so this pattern line is intriguing.
Lisa Laree said... (7/23/03 11:06 AM) Reply
You're so right about the fit of the pattern; I don't think this line is about flattering fit -- it's about hauling stuff, which means it's gotta have a somewhat looser fit. Do you suppose a drapier fabric would work if you underlined the body and not the sleeves?

by: cleverkitt...

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Perfect Pouches Paper Pattern