Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> Saf-T-Pockets> 9600 (Journey Jacket)

Reviewed by:SJ Kurtz

About SJ Kurtzstar
WA USA
Member since: 6/6/03
Posted on:7/23/03 5:47 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 10 people

SJ Kurtz said... (11/24/03 2:41 AM) Reply
Lisa, yes! If you sewed a stiff enough underlining to the body fabric (not to the lining with the pockets), it could probably work.
Terry McCormick said... (7/27/03 3:05 PM) Reply
I've had this pattern for so long I can't remember when I bought it - at least 5 years, perhaps more. I have never made it up - although I think about it a lot - saw it made as wearable art in a quilt shop a few years ago and it was stunning. The fabric advice in this review will make a huge difference - I do want to make it and this will mean I don't make a mistake and end up not liking the garment. Thanks!
Rhonda Noah said... (7/24/03 6:31 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I have some Saf-T-Pockets patterns (not this one, though) and need to get one sewn up. I had wondered about fabric choice. Thanks for your tips. Your review is very helpful.
Irene said... (7/23/03 5:01 PM) Reply
This fabric advice is so helpful! This seems like a good opportunity to use yardage that coordinates nicely but isn't big enough for a complete garment. I'll be alert for the need to grade down, without deleting ease for stuff in those pockets.
AnneM said... (7/23/03 12:19 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I have some items from Travel Smith that I like, so this pattern line is intriguing.
Lisa Laree said... (7/23/03 11:06 AM) Reply
You're so right about the fit of the pattern; I don't think this line is about flattering fit -- it's about hauling stuff, which means it's gotta have a somewhat looser fit. Do you suppose a drapier fabric would work if you underlined the body and not the sleeves?

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns
Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns

Sew Chic MyrtleWood Dress Pattern (ln7401)

Sew Chic MyrtleWood Dress Pattern (ln7401)

SewBaby Terrific Teepees Pattern