Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 05-2005-104 (Burda Polo)

Reviewed by:cabinbaby

About cabinbabystarstarstarstar
AK USA
Member since: 4/8/07
Posted on:7/16/08 5:08 PM
Last Updated:7/18/08 1:16 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
chebre said... (8/27/12 5:05 PM) Reply
I tried to use the burda facing, but your tutorial is the winner! thanks:)
Dale C said... (8/10/08 3:41 PM) Reply
THanks for the tutorial! The placket looks great. Nice shirt, I think I have that pattern in my stash... will have to dig it up.
Nancywin said... (8/3/08 12:12 PM) Reply
Another great top. I have a couple of Jalie patterns, but haven't tried them yet. I think I better!
LindsayT said... (7/18/08 4:21 PM) Reply
Nice work, Dawn!
lilyofthevalley said... (7/18/08 3:26 PM) Reply
Dawn, this was a visual bonanza! Two beautiful polo shirts, *stunning* shoes from DH, and an inviting, organized sewing room. Since I missed the original review, I'm so pleased to have 'caught up' here. (How do you manage to still look cute with a cap smashed on your head?) Oh, how could I forget the fab tutorial; it's the best. Lovely, Lily
mewiththree said... (7/18/08 12:41 PM) Reply
I love your organized sewing room! Shirt looks great too! :)
wendlesue said... (7/18/08 11:40 AM) Reply
Beautiful job!
Elke said... (7/18/08 6:56 AM) Reply
Cute shirts and thanks for the tutorial!
okie2thdoc said... (7/17/08 10:49 PM) Reply
Cute top- love your shoes. How do I train my husband to do that for me???
Patti B said... (7/17/08 10:25 AM) Reply
Great polo! I have this issue in my collection so I'll drag it out and take a look at it. By the way, Julie's Timmel site is closing SOON so download the tutorial now if you want to have it for reference.
Danvillegirl said... (7/17/08 7:03 AM) Reply
I would have never thoiught of using this fabric for this type top but glad you did as I think it made up very well and is cute. I think small doses of this lovely fabric works best as you said. I really like the fabric, it definitely pops! Good job as usual!
squirrellypoo said... (7/17/08 6:23 AM) Reply
ooh I just rediscovered this pattern a few days ago when I was using this issue for a dress bottom. We're so in tune! It looks fantastic with that print, and thanks very much for the placket tutorial!
Dolphin said... (7/17/08 4:00 AM) Reply
Lovely shirt and it fits you very well. Thank you for the link for the plackets.
Seaspur said... (7/17/08 1:20 AM) Reply
Cute, cute, cute! I've always wanted to try that pattern, you did a great job.
Karen6790 said... (7/16/08 11:35 PM) Reply
You're right, this is definitely a Statement Knit, but since the statement is, "Hey, I look GOOD!" you're okay. Great top, definitely a few more in solid colors now that you've beaten that placket into submission.
Natasha B said... (7/16/08 10:51 PM) Reply
I really like this polo and I can't believe it's from 2005. Your fabric choice is fabulous.
EveS said... (7/16/08 10:51 PM) Reply
Oh, I LOVE this!! I want that fabric! Very cute on you, and fabulous shoes, too! :) I'm gonna have to keep my eyes open for this issue.
Annelisa said... (7/16/08 9:40 PM) Reply
Great style! Love it!
Allie in Hong Kong said... (7/16/08 8:40 PM) Reply
A great classic shirt although your fabric choice gives it a great twist. It's always good to be reminded about some of the "vintage" BWOFs we all have stashed away!
MissCelie said... (7/16/08 6:11 PM) Reply
Super adorable. And you got a bargain in that fabric from Ann. It's 2x the price at G Street Fabric. You look sensational.
Lori V said... (7/16/08 5:48 PM) Reply
Great shirt, I really like the fabric and it was a good choice for the polo style.
tweedcurtain said... (7/16/08 5:48 PM) Reply
Cute shirt - but what I am really amazed at is the complimentary op-art background that you found to pose against! Thanks for the helpful tutorial link.

Claire Handbag Paper Pattern