Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8386 (Knit Dress w/Mock Wrap Bodice)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
Diane333 said... (12/31/08 9:42 PM) Reply
the dress looks great
cnp71203 said... (9/28/08 4:54 PM) Reply
I love your version of this dress! It is really wonderful. I am going to keep it in mind for when I finally get around to making this dress.
Athene said... (7/31/08 6:13 PM) Reply
Love your version - you look lovely - I can understand why you feel like a Greek Godess in it - very nice to see all the great pictures.
Big Dog said... (7/31/08 9:21 AM) Reply
Wow, love it! The knotted straps look great, what a clever idea. You do look like a goddess in that dress.
RobinMCPA said... (7/31/08 7:57 AM) Reply
Fabulous!! I liked reading about the changes you made to it. It's such a good feeling when you finally tweak a pattern to make it fit just right - my contest entry also is one I had to play with a bit to get right. This dress looks GREAT on you and now I need to put this pattern back on my to-sew list after seeing yours. I want one!
Kitty Couture said... (7/31/08 3:52 AM) Reply
Fantastic new version, Trena! You look fabulous. White is a great colour on you, BTW!
DorothyK said... (7/30/08 11:11 PM) Reply
Great little dress. You look fantastic in it.
Natasha B said... (7/30/08 10:34 PM) Reply
The white version is even better!
Em's Summer said... (7/30/08 10:13 PM) Reply
Cute dress!
Sew4Fun said... (7/30/08 7:22 PM) Reply
Fab dress! I love the twisted straps.
Sic said... (7/30/08 5:29 PM) Reply
WOW! You look like a goddess - thanks for the review! Also, love the straps!
Amber in Norfolk said... (7/30/08 2:36 PM) Reply
Loooove the white version. Hot!
Sherril Miller said... (7/30/08 2:01 PM) Reply
Trina, you've done a fantastic job on that dress. It's so beautiful on on you. Aren't you ready to move up a skill level yet?
Karen6790 said... (7/30/08 1:18 PM) Reply
Okay, this is what should be on the pattern envelope. I love all the extra work you put into it - when you get inspired, you really go to it. Absolutely gorgeous.
maryfrana said... (7/30/08 11:54 AM) Reply
If I were a lot younger and thinner and more adventurous I would be making this dress right now. Love the straps, love it in white. Fabulous.
Marji said... (7/30/08 11:52 AM) Reply
Fabulously CUTE! Love what you did with the straps, and the little cartridge pleats at the bodice are pure inspiration to reduce the bulk there.
Puppy said... (7/30/08 11:04 AM) Reply
I really didn't read the whole review because I'm past the stage where I can wear such things, BUT, IF I were younger and less fleshy, I would WANT THAT DRESS. It has that great combination of simplicity and great lines. I just love it. You gotta be proud of this little number!
crisford said... (7/30/08 10:54 AM) Reply
The white one looks so cute and comfy. White always seems to last through the trends, too. Great job on your fitting!
gatorgirl4325 said... (7/30/08 10:20 AM) Reply
Beautiful white dress - it fits perfectly and you look fabulous in it!
born2bead said... (7/30/08 10:06 AM) Reply
Great detailed review and I love your version with the twisted straps. Really does something for it since the design is simple and clean. Nice job!
Heatherrique said... (7/19/08 1:21 PM) Reply
Wow! Doubly dashing, NiceGirl! Also, cool review!
cindyann said... (7/18/08 9:23 AM) Reply
So glad you reviewed this. It's one of those patterns I have in my stash but haven't used. Actually love both versions.
Kitty Couture said... (7/18/08 3:31 AM) Reply
Super helfpful review, Trena. Even the green one looks adorable, no matter how horrid the fabric may be IRL. I like how you paired it with dark blue. I think both versions look super cute!
Natasha B said... (7/17/08 9:35 PM) Reply
I think the grey version as a junper is really cute. This pattern is still looking good.
CarolynGM said... (7/17/08 8:56 PM) Reply
Well, luckily the gray one looks pretty darn cute as a jumper.The altered pattern has a lot of potential for you -- I'm looking forward to seeing the newest one.
Gelbean said... (7/17/08 7:53 PM) Reply
Your dresses are very cute. I'm looking forward to seeing the dress you make with the *right* fabric. As for these two, I think they are both cute and you should wear them proudly.
Karen6790 said... (7/17/08 4:50 PM) Reply
I really like the gray jumper version - it's the perfect combination of something you can wear with lots of colors but that somehow isn't boring. I like the gathers. And I want your red shoes.
Amber in Norfolk said... (7/17/08 3:43 PM) Reply
Really cute dresses! Yeah I'm not feelin' that green fabric either.
Aunt Gail said... (7/17/08 2:41 PM) Reply
Your use of pictures to further explain your commentary on the pattern was pretty wonderful :) Especially a nice job with the necklines. Disappointing fabric is a big time downer. Your pix look nice of the green material but the color DOES look a bit electric.

by: aliciavr6

Jeans for Real People DVD Set

Jeans for Real People DVD Set

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)