Pattern Reviews> Shapes> Plus One Tunic

Last Updated:7/21/08 2:07 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people

Vesta Patterns

Athene said... (1/25/09 6:35 AM) Reply
Its so nice in the knit - I'm glad you decided to try it out in a knit for your 2nd top. The drape is so lovely.
Terri K said... (7/24/08 5:27 PM) Reply
Thank you for your great reviews and inspiration Ann. Beautiful and innovative sewing on both your tops.
DorothyK said... (7/22/08 12:36 PM) Reply
The knit version is stunning. You look simply beautiful in it. The woven is fun, but you definitely look best in the knit. I like the way the shoulders drape. The necklace is perfect, providing a nice vertical line.
Winifred said... (7/21/08 5:30 PM) Reply
I think I love the drapey one best - with the sash. It looks super. It took me a long time to come round to assymetrical garments but now I'm hooked and you model them so well. Thanks for all your reviews -I,m just about to take the plunge after being given some info on it!!.
Barbara V said... (7/21/08 11:30 AM) Reply
Wow, your second version is fabulous! Nice drape and very slenderizing on you. Both belt treatments looks super too. Can't wait to try this pattern. On second look, I see that as far as "pattern reviews" this is actually your 197th not the 200th. It's totally amazing that you have written so many.....thanks for that!
carolynw said... (7/21/08 9:24 AM) Reply
I like this in a drapey fabric - as usual you look fantastic in this but I still have reservations on using this pattern - not at all sure I can carry it off as well as you do.
VtMartha said... (7/21/08 8:58 AM) Reply
The knit version looks fabulous on you! I have the pattern so I will keep this in mind.
BillieJean said... (7/21/08 6:58 AM) Reply
I love this in the drapey fabric.
ryansmumAria said... (7/21/08 2:18 AM) Reply
It is beautiful and works much better in a drapey fabric. It is slenderizing.
Barbara V said... (7/20/08 10:43 PM) Reply
You've choosen a wonderful combination of pattern, fabric and style modification. I really like the collar. A great creation for your "200th" review!
DorothyK said... (7/20/08 11:25 AM) Reply
Great job. The diagonal hem was brilliant. I think they should pay you for that idea and include it in the pattern. I can't wait to see it in knit.
Grammy Gin said... (7/20/08 10:03 AM) Reply
I think it is very flattering on you! Oh, to only have half of your knowledge....
Patti B said... (7/20/08 0:08 AM) Reply
This is wonderful and I really like your asymmetric hem instead of the emphasis at the hips. I wonder how it would do in a knit? Love the collar. Tell DH you'll turn him into a Romulan!
Aixoise said... (7/19/08 8:33 PM) Reply
You always create interesting fashions in the perfect fabric - and you carry them off really well. Love the necklace, too. Is it your creation? It works well with the clean lines of the blouse.
Athene said... (7/19/08 7:12 PM) Reply
I like the lines of the top and I hope you do make it in the knit. I think it would look fabulous in a drapey knit.
Beek said... (7/19/08 5:25 PM) Reply
I love your top! And I do think that it is flattering in a cool, avant-garde sort of way. Great fabric!
Understanding Interfacings