Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2091 (DKNY dress View A)

Reviewed by:maybbm

About maybbmstar
Member since: 7/31/02
Posted on:7/24/03 12:52 PM
Last Updated:7/24/03 4:30 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
Bonny Dune said... (5/29/05 8:12 PM) Reply
This pattern IS in the current catalog. The link in the review will not take you there and even says the pattern in not in the catalog. Search for the number, it is still avaliable.
SandraB said... (7/14/04 2:12 PM) Reply
Lovely dress. I like the colour and the fit. I just bought this pattern today. I found it in an old pattern drawer at the back of one of my favourite fabric stores. I am going to sew it up ASAP. Thank you for your review.
kathi s said... (5/23/04 8:26 AM) Reply
Great looking dress! It's a shame it's oop- it seems like a good classic style. I will check my Joanne's for this pattern, thanks Jackie M for the tip.
Jackie M said... (1/6/04 4:58 PM) Reply
I was able to find this pattern at a JoAnn's in Iowa -- not exactly the fashion center capital of the world. They had several envelopes of all the sizes, so if this pattern is out of print, check with your local JoAnn's -- they may have some left. I got it during a 75% off sale, so I only paid about $5. Great dress, by the way, and thanks for the tips about possible problems with thicker fabrics around the underarm ...
maybbm said... (7/26/03 5:27 PM) Reply
Maria, try out by all means!! It is rated easy and was easy. The only thing I would recommend is to compare the measurements of the pattern to your favorite knit dress or top, not because it is tricky but just to make sure. Good luck!!
MariaDenmark said... (7/26/03 4:23 PM) Reply
I want this dress! It's in my wishlist... Do you think a beginner like me could succeed with it?
Tonia Van Dyk said... (7/25/03 7:59 AM) Reply
What a great dress - it must be very comfortable!
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (7/24/03 5:55 PM) Reply
This dress looks like it came right off the rack -- $$$ Good job!
maybbm said... (7/24/03 4:34 PM) Reply
Debbie, I have added more on underarm construction. Lou, thanks. I did not know that it is still available. I hope I did not pay too much on EBay!!
SouthernStitch said... (7/24/03 2:26 PM) Reply
Very nice dress, and it looks like it fits to a T.
Debbie Spriggs said... (7/24/03 1:41 PM) Reply
Great dress, it looks lovely on you! Could you elaborate on how you "improvised" the sleeve finish?
Lou. said... (7/24/03 1:15 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and have to get round to making it!! They still sell this pattern on

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2009-102