Online Sewing Class: All About Linings

Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 968 (Jeans)

Reviewed by:Kbenco

About Kbencostarstarstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 11/8/06
Posted on:7/20/08 9:27 AM
Last Updated:7/20/08 9:33 AM

See other patterns in this category: Pants

Sweater knit fabrics

Ariadne said... (4/26/09 7:48 PM) Reply
Great embellishment. It really works with the 3-d effects of the pockets, and so on. my question: Do you think they would make a decent men's pair? Just curious. I am thinking of getting this pattern for my sons, and the shapelier new Jalie for my daughter. The husband pair would be a bonus. Sincerely, ari
Kbenco said... (7/21/08 7:57 PM) Reply
Thanks for more nice comments! J222b, my son wears a size 4 RTW, but this is for length, they are rather wide on him, and I always take in the waist elastic. A size 2 or 3 RTW is a better fit sideways. (these are Australian sizes) He is a not very tall 5 year old, and slim in proportion to his height.
Annette1 said... (7/21/08 2:59 AM) Reply
Well, I hate to use the word "cute" to describe these jeans, since they ARE a little boy's jeans, but they ARE just so darn cute, with those little lizards peaking out everywhere. :o)) Your topstitching is so professional, and I especially like those back pockets, complete with lizard, of course! Great pair of jeans!
MelC said... (7/20/08 8:51 PM) Reply
Great job! Those jeans looks wonderful. I'm so glad to know that something in my own review was a help.
j222b said... (7/20/08 7:54 PM) Reply
Is your son a size 4 RTW? I am wondering how the sizing compares to a kids RTW? Thanks.
j222b said... (7/20/08 7:54 PM) Reply
Heatherrique said... (7/20/08 4:37 PM) Reply
Ahhhhhhh! ;-} Marvelous looking jeans on your adorable model! Very nice review!
Kbenco said... (7/20/08 4:28 PM) Reply
popoaigesmiles, that is interesting. I did compare these jeans to his RTW jeans, and the only shape difference was the width of the leg. They are supposed to be "low waisted" jeans though, so maybe "low waisted" jeans are just boy style! Thank you all for the kind comments.
popoagiesmiles said... (7/20/08 2:16 PM) Reply
When my son was young, put second-hand girls jeans (that looked unisex off the body) on him, and we both felt that waist was noticeably higher than with boys jeans. I wonder what these would look like with the waist an inch lower. I have never actually compared patterns for boys and girls.
appleton78 said... (7/20/08 11:42 AM) Reply
OMGosh!! Uber cute!! You did an super job in both construction and in embellishing!
Nancy Rhodes said... (7/20/08 10:37 AM) Reply
I think I MUST try this pattern for jeans. Great result. Most charming your kiddo already seeing the advantage sewists have for little extras. Cute idea with the peeking out of the pocket. A very successful result. yeah!
SewLil said... (7/20/08 10:13 AM) Reply
great jeans. Love than embellishments which I've never seen on boy jeans. Great idea with the Velcro too.
julie w said... (7/20/08 9:48 AM) Reply
too cute! great use of pattern and applique

THE SKIRTS - A CD Book By Kenneth King