Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 07-2008-123 (Tunic)

Reviewed by:Robin Denning

About Robin Denningstar
MD USA
Member since: 6/24/04
Posted on:7/20/08 8:51 PM
Last Updated:7/22/08 2:28 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people

Aless said... (11/18/08 7:54 PM) Reply
Robin,the very first word than came to mind when I checked your photo was-beautiful! I would be so happy if I could get a look like that myself.
Sara The Slayer said... (8/7/08 1:00 PM) Reply
I've been waiting for the right fabric myself for this one. But I wouldn't count this out as a wearable piece. I think it looks amazing on you.
gatorgirl4325 said... (7/23/08 11:01 AM) Reply
I think you have made a fabulous top to wear when it is hot....It's perfect for summer and your fabric couldn't be any more delicious!!
Karen8320 said... (7/22/08 10:21 PM) Reply
Robyn, so sorry to hear that you're not that crazy about this top because I think it looks really beautiful and, in your photo, it looks good on you. Silk chiffon is so luscious and this print really is lovely. Sheer fabrics are always a joy to wear. You've done so much work on this top, it would be a shame not to wear it a lot. Now is the time to make that slinky tank dress which will look fabulous with this!
Karen6790 said... (7/22/08 9:47 PM) Reply
I definitely think the sheer fabric works with this top. Go make yourself that slinky tank so this pretty top doesn't end up in the back of your closet - it's too nice to be an orphan.
Athene said... (7/22/08 7:11 PM) Reply
This is a gorgeous top on you. I love the sheer chiffon.
Sigrid. said... (7/22/08 5:54 PM) Reply
The combination of this sheer fabric and black is wonderful. It looks like very comfortable for a hot day, and still be very stylish.
tweedcurtain said... (7/22/08 3:53 PM) Reply
I think it looks divine with the black slacks and cami. I really like the addition of the elastic at the back, too. It looks completely different from the photo in the mag - the BWOF version was sort of frowsy, but yours is tres chic!
marec said... (7/22/08 3:19 PM) Reply
I love this...the fabric is beautiful and I like the kimono sleeves. It's pretty on you too! If you really do not like it on, how about a similar tunic but with a center seam in front with one closure? Then it would be even more airy and flow-y. That would be great over a simple dress.
Speech girl said... (7/21/08 9:21 AM) Reply
I think your top looks great on you. I think because it is sheer this top works for you, even if it wouldn't be the right pattern in an opaque fabric. And silk chiffon is just heavenly to wear . . .
Ellenatlga said... (7/21/08 8:09 AM) Reply
I really like it! I think it looks great on you.

Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick SB300