Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Tamari Apron (Tamari's Apron)

Reviewed by:Linda E.

About Linda E.star
OK USA
Member since: 4/23/02
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:7/24/03 11:22 PM
Last Updated:5/23/04 6:52 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories
SewTabby said... (5/23/04 7:57 PM) Reply
Wow, that is a really cute apron. I like the one shoulder design a lot...You're right; this would make a great gift.
Susan R said... (5/23/04 3:45 PM) Reply
Your aprons look great! I've made this apron once and like it a lot; plan to make it again. Your mitered corners are outstanding.
PVA said... (5/22/04 11:01 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review and the different views of the two aprons. Really nice work. I got this pattern at the same time and place the Obi Bag pattern landed in my tote bag. (;^D) I love the reversible idea! So many ideas, so little time!
Patti B said... (3/11/04 5:28 AM) Reply
I made several of these out of linen for gifts with motifs and names embroidered on the pockets -- very nice. I slightly changed how the strap was attached because I didn't like the raw edges exposed -- sewed the wrong sides together then topstitched from the right side to enclose the edges. (hope that makes sense)
retiredpagirl said... (3/10/04 11:01 PM) Reply
This is a very cute apron and I agree with you that it would be great with some embroidery on it. It's a good "blank" canvas. :)
Irene said... (7/25/03 2:27 AM) Reply
Linda, you read my mind! I noticed this pattern at TheSewingPlace.com. Since the pattern diagram is shown, I puzzled a bit over how the apron is tied, so your all-around views are just what I needed. This seems like a fun apron that doesn't bind around the waist but isn't the same-old tie-around-neck sort of affair, either. Your fabric and trim choices are great.
Ladyslipper said... (7/25/03 0:45 AM) Reply
Your aprons are very cute.

Folkwear 232