Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7828 (Dress, top)

Reviewed by:Michelle L

Last Updated:7/26/08 9:53 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops
Claverie said... (3/20/11 6:57 PM) Reply
Well, nearly 3 years behind everyone elses reviews ... may I also add that your dress is absolutely gorgeous. had to look at it several times. lovely. no one will notice the slight 'off' area, they'll be too mesmerized by the rest of the dress.
Flying Seamstress said... (7/26/08 6:17 PM) Reply
Runway worthy! Way to go working the print placement, it is perfect!
Robin Denning said... (7/26/08 6:11 PM) Reply
Love the fabric placement- nice high impact dress!
gatorgirl4325 said... (7/24/08 10:18 AM) Reply
What a great summer dress - you did a wonderful job and I love the print!
nicegirl said... (7/24/08 9:55 AM) Reply
Fantastic job! That fabric was a real find. I love peacock motifs. I am in awe of your meticulous work to match up prints.
Ciclista said... (7/24/08 9:17 AM) Reply
Stunning!! In today's reviews I've seen wonderful things from ebay fabric. Sigh... - one more thing for me to add to my daily "to-do" list.
KarmenG said... (7/24/08 9:13 AM) Reply
Love your dress - this is a great pattern, I agree. Like you I eliminated the decorative elastic edging. Your placement of the print is great - nice job. Forget that "slightly off" stuff.....your dress is gorgeous and nothing is perfect! Don't forget the 6 foot rule ; )
Allie in Hong Kong said... (7/23/08 10:59 PM) Reply
Very cute dress, I have to agree the way you have used the print takes the pattern to a whole different level.
Karen8320 said... (7/23/08 9:21 PM) Reply
You've done a great job with this print and this dress. It looks fabulous! I agree with Joan1954 about print placement. I sometimes place pattern pieces on prints so that they are a little "off", depending upon the design. The skirt, particularly, looks just right to me. Fantastic work! Be proud of it!
spice30 said... (7/23/08 9:01 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress, love the fabric.
Vintage Joan said... (7/23/08 8:42 PM) Reply
Beautiful -- and the fabric is wonderful. I wouldn't worry about that "just slightly off" bit at the sides. RTW does things like that all the time, and to tell you the truth if you hadn't pointed it out I would have assumed it was intentional -- "witty" design, as Burda might call it. :)
Heatherrique said... (7/23/08 8:26 PM) Reply
Wow! What an exciting dress! Lovely print and colors! Very nice placement of fabric design!
hongkongshopper said... (7/23/08 8:17 PM) Reply
I think you have done a great job on the print placement. Very attractive dress.
MissCelie said... (7/23/08 8:14 PM) Reply
Ohmigosh, what a gorgeous fabric. I remember seeing this dress from the magazine print edition and not feeling one way or the other about it. Your rendition is inspiring!
AnitaJJ said... (7/23/08 2:53 PM) Reply
Very pretty result and very helpful review. Thanks for all the details
Re Becca said... (7/23/08 1:58 PM) Reply
That is beautiful fabric. I love what you did with the print.

by: Ineedaname