Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2429 (strappy sundress)

Reviewed by:montecore

About montecore
Member since: 5/31/08
Posted on:7/23/08 1:41 PM
Last Updated:7/23/08 2:38 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
melaniejade31 said... (2/25/10 6:36 PM) Reply
I love the orange lining! So luxurious!
DorothyK said... (7/25/08 1:49 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your first review. You did a great job. It looks like it ended up fitting great. I love the orange lining.
born2bead said... (7/25/08 10:41 AM) Reply
Congrat on your first review! I love the fabric - I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Looks vintagy which I love and I like that you lined the bodice in orange. I'm always using boring white so that is a great tip. I looks very cute on you too!
kusine said... (7/24/08 5:48 PM) Reply
Congrats on your first review! Your dress turned out absolutely stunning!
mis_priss said... (7/24/08 3:32 PM) Reply
EXCELLENT. The dress came out very nice, the fit is sooo good, and the sewing is superb. I am glad you stuck with it.
deanalmann said... (7/24/08 11:19 AM) Reply
Very cute! I love the fabric. A question about the zigzag stitch you used to gather..... Do you just use a large zigzag and pull like you would if you used 2 basting stiches?
nicegirl said... (7/24/08 10:57 AM) Reply
Very cute! I love your fabric choice, and all the work you put into fitting it really paid off.
Blooms said... (7/24/08 8:37 AM) Reply
I lvoe this pattern and would love to see a full length shot of you wearing it. Last year I made a Vogue dress, and like you had a lot of fitting issues with the bodice. Then I read a heap more reviews on Vogue patterns and found that many made the same complaint. I have just bought 3 more of their patterns (sale!) and each of them have way too much ease in the bust for a given size...from now I will go on the printed measurements on the pattern rather than the size.
Amanda S. said... (7/24/08 8:30 AM) Reply
Cute, cute, cute!!!
SewingSusan said... (7/24/08 8:25 AM) Reply
What a great dress! Love that fabric and you did a fantastic job.
scrappycat said... (7/24/08 7:34 AM) Reply
I love this dress and the fabric! Excellent!
Lily Cat said... (7/24/08 1:27 AM) Reply
This is one great dress!! I am so glad you hung in there, because the end result is so wonderful--I love your fabric!!!
XandraReynolds said... (7/23/08 11:52 PM) Reply
Fabulous first review, montecore and I LOVE the fabric!!
Vintage Joan said... (7/23/08 9:52 PM) Reply
Great first review and great dress! Wow, do I ever LOVE! that fabric. I also love your idea of using orange sari cotton to line the bodice. Cool. I can't get over how fantastic this dress looks.
Anabolina said... (7/23/08 9:26 PM) Reply
Wow, lovely, I love that print and the fit. Good job!!!
Tiner W said... (7/23/08 8:31 PM) Reply
I love your dress--both the style and the fabric! And I can relate with you on the sizing. I regularly make things too big and end up taking them in or just generally unhappy.
CShelley said... (7/23/08 8:25 PM) Reply
Very cool looking dress. Enjoy wearing it!
meli88a said... (7/23/08 3:29 PM) Reply
this is so cute! i especially love the fabric that you used.
AnitaJJ said... (7/23/08 2:48 PM) Reply
very cute dress and fits you nicely. thanks for all the details
KarenG said... (7/23/08 2:42 PM) Reply
Great dress! I love the fabric.
inkstain said... (7/23/08 2:15 PM) Reply
Very good, enjoyed the slideshow very much and it fits so well! I've looked at all the reviews for this dress and I'm wondering whether it needs boning for those of us over 20. Plus, it seems to be stil on sale on the vogue website, but listed as OOP.
Michelle L said... (7/23/08 2:05 PM) Reply
Regardless of the fitting issues, the dress looks lovely on, I really love the retro fabric, and the orange lining adds a great touch, even though only you know that it is there.

by: cleverkitt...