Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 9769 (Civil War Undergarments)

Reviewed by:MissFit

About MissFitstar
NY
Member since: 6/25/08
Posted on:7/25/08 6:07 PM
Last Updated:7/13/09 6:10 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Costumes
Capricorna said... (12/30/11 12:49 PM) Reply
This looks great, love the color combination of the dark blue with white; it suits you very well! Iīm musing about making the chemise and pants to go with a ready made corset. But Iīm wondering if the very loose chemise together with the pants wouldnīt be quite uncomfortable to wear under a tight corset... What does it feel like? I donīt even know how you would get the knee-long chemise properly under the pants! Would it be an option to shorten the chemise a good deal? Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated!
kirilee said... (3/24/09 10:10 AM) Reply
Very nice :D Yes, more pictures please!
Maddybird said... (3/17/09 5:38 PM) Reply
Ok, two things: first, you are my hero for wearing this to an archery range because I, too, love archery; and second, you did an awesome job on this outfit. It reminds me, for some reason, of a character out of Lord of the Rings or the BBC's Robin Hood.
Pink35 said... (1/30/09 5:07 PM) Reply
I have made this one too. I find because of my height that I have to lengthen the pattern 4 inches to get it to fit right. I had a sewing teacher help me to get all the fittings and alterations correct. When you start sewing some more, you will notice what changes are needed each time you start a new project.
XandraReynolds said... (8/3/08 8:06 PM) Reply
Love it!
Annette1 said... (7/27/08 0:26 AM) Reply
Matter of fact, I was just looking at the Laughing Moon pattern myself online, and even the chemise is cute up, the way they've done the bodice there.
Annette1 said... (7/27/08 0:22 AM) Reply
Another winner, and I love the shot, too! I know Laughing Moon Merchantile has a real pretty corset pattern. Of course, I don't know anything about corsets, so it may not be the type you're looking for, but here's a link where you can see it: http://www.lafnmoon.com/victunder.htm (Geez, that's got to be the shortest link I've pasted in for a while!)
Tiner W said... (7/26/08 5:54 PM) Reply
Very cool!
Sewingmi said... (7/26/08 5:30 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous!
SusiM said... (7/26/08 5:18 PM) Reply
Very nice garment!! Thanks for the info.
Elona said... (7/26/08 4:45 PM) Reply
Very cool corset, very romantic archery shot! You'd have been a wench to be reckoned with.
MissFit said... (7/26/08 4:23 PM) Reply
why thank you, and the "dynamic pose" was a picture of me in costume doing archery. I will see what I can do to get a link to a bigger picture...
nancy2001 said... (7/26/08 1:57 PM) Reply
Great job.
MagpieJen said... (7/25/08 8:04 PM) Reply
It looks great (I wish I could see a bigger pic?) and your dynamic pose shows that this must be both well-fitted and comfy! Well done!

Other RTW Knock Off