Pattern Reviews> Other> Singlet Style Shopping Bag

Posted on:7/25/08 9:34 PM
Last Updated:1/16/09 1:24 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
marec said... (1/31/09 8:20 PM) Reply
*Another* great use for the rainflys that get thrown out when a tent is ruined. Wonderful use of the fabric!!
tlmck3 said... (1/18/09 4:25 PM) Reply
The loop and elastic are great ideas. Lightweight poly makes a pretty small bag, too--though not as compact as ripstop--which rules in the real world of BYOB.
JenSews2 said... (1/17/09 8:18 PM) Reply
I've added a link to a pic of my bag patterns. I just cut apart a grocery sack and straightened the edges, then added a seam allowance.
Doctor Sister said... (1/17/09 1:12 PM) Reply
I never thought of using Ripstop. I think I have some around here. Great idea.
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (1/16/09 7:50 PM) Reply
I have a pile of rip-stop that I need to use up. Thank you for the idea/plans. You did a great and green job
Ody said... (1/16/09 5:53 PM) Reply
Great bags and I agree about posting the pattern.
Jacqui315 said... (1/16/09 10:51 AM) Reply
I've been wanting to make my own and this is defintely the ones I want to make. I love the elastic tab! Thanks for sharing all your hints!
Sherril Miller said... (1/16/09 10:27 AM) Reply
Can you add a photo of your pattern? I love the new smaller ones for grocery shopping. I have a dozen canvas bags that I use and they are very, very bulky. I've been using them for about 6 years now from back when taking your own bags wasn't a fashion statement. It may be time to upgrade.
Stitchcakes said... (7/28/08 3:46 PM) Reply
Awesome! I wanted to make the canvas shopping bags for which there is a very nice tutorial on emblibrary.com for Christmas gifts this year, but I think I'll make mostly these from ripstop with one or two of the canvas ones for heavy/glass bottle items thrown in, too! Going green is funnnnn! Thanks for this.
Bernie R. said... (7/28/08 10:19 AM) Reply
Wow! Who knew "green" could get greener? I have enough stash to create grocery bags for my entire town....Now THERE'S an idea!!!
Rustybobn said... (7/28/08 10:12 AM) Reply
They look great! I really want to make some of the rolling rip stop bags like yours. Thanks for the review!
Jane S said... (7/26/08 10:57 PM) Reply
Great ideas and great gift idea too. Thanks for such a useful review.
Sherril Miller said... (7/26/08 2:37 PM) Reply
Jen, I love your bags. I really liked my PR bag too and yours look just like them.
marykpfist said... (7/25/08 11:03 PM) Reply
I've been testing different fabrics and agree with adding the extra loop-- if you try them in the U-scan lane, you'll see this is an important addition!

Lekala Patterns 6131