Online Sewing Class: Perfectly Fitted Shirt

Pattern Reviews> Other> The Quilter mag 07-2006 (El Dorado)

Reviewed by:Larisa

About Larisastarstarstar
VA USA
Member since: 7/15/05
Posted on:7/27/08 3:37 PM
Last Updated:7/27/08 3:37 PM

cindyann said... (7/28/08 11:10 AM) Reply
Very nicely done, Larisa! I cannot imagine how much work that was.
Larisa said... (7/27/08 7:35 PM) Reply
thanks to both of you! I bought the fabric 2 years ago thinking it would get done then. However, family obligations, sick children, life in general got in the way, so...then with the rise in gas prices, hubby and I decided that we wouldn't do anything over the top for our anniversary, and I decided that was when this needed to be made. He saw the larger top in progress and asked if he could have it for his office...um, nope, but I figured a half-size one would work. As to the laying flat..all the points and bits are done with fusible web..the stuff that you iron onto the back of your fabric, then peel of the paper and iron in place. It makes it a little harder to stitch through, but once you iron everything in place, they are pretty much stuck. Also, once I had everything squared up, I hand basted top to bottom, side to side, and corner to corner...well, all starting from the middle point...kept everything in place while I stitched in the seam lines (for the most part). The larger one will probably go to a longarm quilter.
AnneMarie60 said... (7/27/08 7:21 PM) Reply
Larisa, you did a fantastic job on this. I love the fabrics you've chosen and their placement. Excellent work!
CatMukai said... (7/27/08 6:12 PM) Reply
Wow! I am working on a mariner's compass right now myself and it is soooo puckery I have decided to use it as a quilt backing. Yours is gorgeous and I can't believe you're making two! Yours lies so flat, well done!

By Hand London Anna Dress