Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> OOP 704 (Men's Rugby Shirt)

Reviewed by:Tom P

About Tom Pstar
NY USA
Member since: 3/16/07
Posted on:7/29/08 0:24 AM
Last Updated:7/29/08 0:24 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 15 people

Jane S said... (7/31/08 2:53 PM) Reply
What a terrific shirt. I just made my first woven shirt for my husband and now it's time to try one of these great knit ones.
Karen8320 said... (7/30/08 9:12 PM) Reply
Great work, Tom! You've done some impressive work here on this shirt. Your detailing is sharp and the result is fabulous. You've chosen a really great fabric design and you're looking good!
Melody said... (7/30/08 11:05 AM) Reply
Your shirt looks awesome. Thanks for the really comprehensive review. I have this pattern and have yet to try it but I feel confident I could have good results because of your review.
Stitchcakes said... (7/30/08 8:43 AM) Reply
Wow! Very impressive and RTW-looking! I'm glad my husband doesn't wear this type of shirt or I might feel compelled to try to make one, too!
Johanna Lu said... (7/30/08 4:22 AM) Reply
Great looking polo! I have the women version of this Kwik sew pattern and had the same problem with the placket (and the same 1/4in. gap). Your solution and great result has encouraged me to try it again.
anncie1 said... (7/29/08 11:47 PM) Reply
Nice Job!!! Nice to see men on this site!
CynthiaSue said... (7/29/08 10:38 PM) Reply
omigosh Polo/Izod man! love it! love seeing you in it!
Heatherrique said... (7/29/08 3:16 PM) Reply
Great looking guy in a fabulous shirt! Wonderful work!
Re Becca said... (7/29/08 1:35 PM) Reply
You did a great job on the placket. The lays perfectly flat and looks very professional.
Luckylibbet said... (7/29/08 11:43 AM) Reply
Such a professional job on a classic style - great info on the placket as well. Thanks for the review.
cindyann said... (7/29/08 10:15 AM) Reply
Great job on matching the stripes, Tom. Although I don't have this pattern it's making me want to find a similar one to make DH some shirts. Thanks for the review.
carolynw said... (7/29/08 9:51 AM) Reply
Sharp looking shirt
Patti B said... (7/29/08 9:48 AM) Reply
So glad that you reviewed this shirt. It looks great and will help motivate me into my polo shirt making odyssey.
craftygamma said... (7/29/08 7:27 AM) Reply
Really nice shirt. I love that fabric! The matched stripes are so professional looking.
Lori V said... (7/29/08 7:12 AM) Reply
Great job on the shirt, Tom. The placket is so nice.
appleton78 said... (7/29/08 6:54 AM) Reply
Beautiful job on this shirt!!! Super job on the placket. My mom would be proud of you---Your stripes match perfectly! Thanks for this great review...I have this pattern in my stash, and have not used it---hubby just may be finally getting something out of it.
Leslie in NZ said... (7/29/08 5:04 AM) Reply
OOPS!! Double Post.
Leslie in NZ said... (7/29/08 5:02 AM) Reply
Great shirt, Tom. I have always been scared of placket fronts, but yours looks very good. Thanks for the review of this pattern.

BurdaStyle Magazine 04-1996-417