Pattern Reviews> Design and Sew> 00000 (In The Studi 11 - The Blouse)

Reviewed by:carolynw

About carolynwstarstarstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 3/19/05
Posted on:7/29/08 6:15 PM
Last Updated:7/29/08 6:29 PM

DorothyK said... (7/30/08 11:24 PM) Reply
I love this on you. Your choice of fabric was brilliant. The graphic design is perfect for the style of the shirt. the blouse has a look of casual elegance. I look forward to seeing what fabric you will use for the next one. It's rather annoying to find so many errors in the pattern, though.
ITAdmin said... (7/30/08 2:23 PM) Reply
This is a neat and unusual design. Love your fabric, too.
nicegirl said... (7/30/08 10:05 AM) Reply
Really like it! The waistband with (eventual) buckle adds a lot of interest.
Annette1 said... (7/29/08 10:42 PM) Reply
How NICE this looks on you! It flatters you PERFECTLY. I love the way the collar lays open, effortlessly and naturally, and then that tie around the waist is my favorite part, and you don't even have the buckle on there yet! I wonder if I could get by with this one? I MIGHT, but it'd have to pretty much be waist length for me, as you wouldn't want anything tying around my HIPS. I love this! It kind of reminds me of a fancy bomber jacket in a way. :o)
Karen8320 said... (7/29/08 8:52 PM) Reply
This is a smart looking top, Clin, that suits you well. Lovely fabric too that goes well with the pattern design. I'm always excited when others recognise the possibilities that abound in patterns to use various options to create different looks. It's great to know that this pattern provides such possiblities and I will look forward to seeing what new look you create with it next.
SueV said... (7/29/08 7:27 PM) Reply
Nice blouse. I recently purchased this pattern to make a vest with front panels and no waist band. I saw it made up at a conference and really liked it. You are correct, she does give you loads of variations! thanks for the review and the heads up re the notches
kkkkaty said... (7/29/08 7:07 PM) Reply
Such a good lookng blouse, I'll have to see if I can locate this pattern. Nice job!

Violette Field Threads Stella