Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 7236 (tops and pants 6 made easy)

Reviewed by:tenaya

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants    Plus
Ida wants to learn said... (1/3/09 10:53 PM) Reply
They look comfortable. I made the shorts. They are the most comfortable pair of shorts I own now. Now, I have to figure out how to hem them up without one leg being shorter than the other.
Winifred said... (7/30/08 6:26 PM) Reply
What a beautiful colour - very cool looking. I agree with Sherril about perhaps going down a size. That is such an uplifting and therapeutic thought for us plus sizes isn't it !!
tenaya said... (7/30/08 5:03 PM) Reply
Thank you for the kind comments, ladies! It's a wonderfully comfy pair of pants, but big! I am going to experiment with other patterns as well.
mssewcrazy said... (7/30/08 8:43 AM) Reply
I used to use a pattern similar to this one when my children were small (and myself as well)that was my around the house uniform in summer mostly with shorts sometimes pants. I had the fit like I liked it. I outgrew my very small pattern so lost my favorite "uniform". I like the idea of the gusset done prior to cutting- great illustration. As you wear them you will find things you want to adjust or change with each pair you make until you get the pattern like you want it to be. My pattern had a similar top and it was so fast to sew up. Maybe I need to pull this pattern out of the drawer and see if I can get it to fit. I had forgotten about having it. Thanks for the bias tape tip at the waist as well.
Sherril Miller said... (7/30/08 1:15 AM) Reply
These pants are a great beginning. I'm glad you're liking them. They look pretty good in the back. I think you might need to go down a size, at least in the front.
Annette1 said... (7/29/08 11:27 PM) Reply
Looks like a great pair of summer pants, nice and loose so they won't be too HOT. :o) Your illustration of your alterations is very helpful, and I also like the tip about using the wide bias tape at the waistline.

All About Linings