Pattern Reviews> Other> Japanese Pattern book

CA United States
Member since: 3/13/06
Posted on:7/29/08 11:56 PM

trishapatk said... (8/1/08 11:53 AM) Reply
Dorothy, I love seeing the things you have made. They are all interesting and inspiring. You say you are a beginner but you have tackled some complicated projects with successful results. Thanks for putting up your reviews. Keep up the great work!
Mary Gillette said... (7/30/08 10:36 AM) Reply
I ordered the book too! I love your vest.
VtMartha said... (7/30/08 10:04 AM) Reply
Wow! I have this book - now I just need to figure out how to use it. I like your black floor too!
Mahler said... (7/30/08 10:03 AM) Reply
I forgot, here is a useful link to a Japanese-English couture lexicon with other information. http://www.antipope.org/feorag/gosurori/gr-patterns.pdf
nicegirl said... (7/30/08 9:59 AM) Reply
That is a really interesting piece! Love that you are using a Japanese pattern book. I am not ready for that yet!
Barbara V said... (7/30/08 9:51 AM) Reply
You are very courageous to tackle a foreign language pattern. You figured it out and created a beautiful and unique vest. Worn short or long it looks fabulous!
Mahler said... (7/30/08 9:16 AM) Reply
Wonderful !!! I am very much intrigued by those Japanese patterns. I think I will order one or two books to give it a try. Since there is a big hole in the centre, could it be worn as an asymmetric poncho that would fall on one shoulder ? Very interesting. Thank for this great review. You have a great sense of style. Your choice of patterns are great, great, great !
carolynw said... (7/30/08 8:45 AM) Reply
I really love this vest - looks so elegant
AnneMarie60 said... (7/30/08 8:28 AM) Reply
Beautiful vest! You are brave to tackle patterns with foreign-language instructions.
merteuil said... (7/30/08 2:28 AM) Reply
Lovely! These japanese patterns are amazing! I ordered the book and can't wait to get it. Your fabric looks like an excellent choice for this pattern!
SueV said... (7/29/08 11:59 PM) Reply
alright, I gotta get this book, particularly since a professor I work for is from Kyoto and can translate...

by: runmyworld

Ottobre Design 06-2010-35

by: jent

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

You Sew Girl Laptop Bag Pattern