Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 06-2007-102 (Jacket)

Reviewed by:Kay Y

About Kay Ystarstarstarstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 11/21/04
Posted on:8/3/08 1:40 PM
Last Updated:8/3/08 3:38 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
lmg said... (8/8/08 0:06 AM) Reply
Beautiful as always. I never gave this pattern a second glance but you made it look terific!
nancy2001 said... (8/5/08 9:26 AM) Reply
Simply exquisite.
Karen8320 said... (8/5/08 5:59 AM) Reply
It is a cute jacket, Kay, and what a superb job you've done with it! I love the fabric - very smart. Your Hong Kong edge finishes are sensational! Thanks, once again, for such an informative review.
Mahogany Stylist said... (8/4/08 8:57 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket.
woole bully said... (8/4/08 7:53 PM) Reply
it is cute and you should be very proud of the great job you did on finishing those seams. the collar is impressive too.
marjenann said... (8/4/08 9:40 AM) Reply
Too bad I can't set up a web cam in your studio, I would love to see you create these amazing garments. As ususal, you take my breath away. -Annette
Re Becca said... (8/4/08 9:07 AM) Reply
Your photo tutorials are so helpful! this looks quite finished and wonderfully comfortable.
Fran G said... (8/4/08 7:50 AM) Reply
I like this jacket, Kay..actually, I like everything you make; but this one fits my life. Ran to my stack of Burdas and will print out your review. Thanks for the warning about the particularly poor directions..will keep me from thinking it's me!
hongkongshopper said... (8/4/08 7:37 AM) Reply
Great jacket - love the fabric choice.
Winifred said... (8/3/08 7:04 PM) Reply
Love this pattern - have eyed it in BWOF. The fabric looks delightful and your workmanship is perfect. All those Hong-Kong seams - have I the patience for it I ask myself !!
Sew4Fun said... (8/3/08 7:02 PM) Reply
Nice jacket!
Annette1 said... (8/3/08 6:45 PM) Reply
Another great review! I love this little jacket. The fabric really is allowed to shine with this design. Somewhere along the line I made something with a similar collar design, and I REALLY liked it! Impeccable details, as always.
Squeezylemon said... (8/3/08 5:37 PM) Reply
Love this jacket on you, I wouldn't have thought to make it from the BWOF photograph. Yet another one to add to the "to do" list I fear........!
Beek said... (8/3/08 4:35 PM) Reply
Beautiful boxy jacket! Love it!
Lori V said... (8/3/08 4:10 PM) Reply
Very nice summer jacket, thanks for the great review.
frankenpattern said... (8/3/08 3:32 PM) Reply

frankenpattern said... (8/3/08 3:32 PM) Reply
Oops. Looks like you can't delete duplicate entries.
frankenpattern said... (8/3/08 3:31 PM) Reply
You did a wonderful job and I love the fabric and collar. Thank you for the review. (BTW, take "http://sewing.patternreview.com" out of the link to the picture of the back of the jacket.)
Miriam said... (8/3/08 2:55 PM) Reply
Nice jacket, Kay. Thanks for pointing out the partial stand for the collar. It has a nice effect. You HK finish was a great choice.
Karendee said... (8/3/08 2:54 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket! Your workmanship is excellent.
KarmenG said... (8/3/08 2:48 PM) Reply
Your workmanship is exquisite! Love the Topstitching and the buttons. This is a great jacket and looks very high-end!
CarolynGM said... (8/3/08 2:03 PM) Reply
What a lovely summer jacket in a quite luscious fabric. Thanks for the bellows pocket tutorial too.
trishapatk said... (8/3/08 1:49 PM) Reply
wowza ! Nice surprise to go check for new reviews and find one from one of my favorite reviewers! Nice job ... as always! Maybe you could post some pictures of that hong kong finish ... I'd love to see it. I look forward to reading your turorial, I've appreciated some of your others. Thanks for posting this! Keep up the great work!

StyleArc Steffi Jacket