Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 6276 (Dress w/princess seams)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

Pattern Size:Petite
Soliel said... (8/18/08 5:35 PM) Reply
Very cute dress.
rockontinyrebel said... (8/8/08 10:46 PM) Reply
Great! Love the contrast pocket, neck band, etc.
Aunt Gail said... (8/8/08 5:38 AM) Reply
What a great find --wonderful looking dress. Great Pocket and another well written review by you! TY for all your effort, honesty and how-to-do tips.
anncie1 said... (8/6/08 7:25 PM) Reply
This dress is so adorable and no doubt filled with personality! I like the one pocket decision! Great Job!
Tiner W said... (8/6/08 6:07 PM) Reply
Both chic and whimsical!
DorothyK said... (8/6/08 12:09 PM) Reply
Great dress. Looks adorable on you. I love the pocket. It makes the dress.
AnneM said... (8/6/08 11:24 AM) Reply
$5 a yard? !!! 5 hours? !!! Really cute dress. I confess I like it with no pockets best, but one pocket is just as cute in many ways (and still not mod maid). I'm surprised how well this style works for you; I would not have expected that from the pattern picture. You are better at visualizing the results than I am!
ladybirdlove said... (8/6/08 11:01 AM) Reply
You rock! I didn't get a chance to vote, but I would have gone for the one-pocket--- super dress!
cindyann said... (8/6/08 9:59 AM) Reply
Cute, cute dress. Retro, but with a modern twist.
cindy-lou said... (8/6/08 8:40 AM) Reply
Love this dress! Great vintage. The neckline is really super, and suits you so well. Another score!
donna mel said... (8/6/08 7:32 AM) Reply
love your reviews!
Natasha B said... (8/6/08 6:35 AM) Reply
Such a cute dress. The neckline detail and opening is really lovely. The one pocket ... very cute!
Em's Summer said... (8/5/08 11:59 PM) Reply
I love this dress! You picked great fabrics. I think your version looks so much cuter than the one on the pattern envelope! Great job!
Karen6790 said... (8/5/08 10:47 PM) Reply
Okay, I was one of the "no pocket" votes and I stand corrected. I admit it. It's too cute, and the pocket works. And yes, the PR member component is priceless.
Tonya said... (8/5/08 9:40 PM) Reply
Very cute :) 1974 was a good year - I have a simplicity pattern from that year too that I love. Great job!
Meggie LuLu said... (8/5/08 9:38 PM) Reply
What a CUTE dress!!! I actually have this pattern. My grandma gave it to me. I can't wait to make it.
CrescentaLuna said... (8/5/08 9:07 PM) Reply
I love that you bucked the tide of advice and followed your instincts! 1 pocket = personality, baby. Good call (and cute pic)!
Karen8320 said... (8/5/08 8:58 PM) Reply
It looks great and I think it really suits you. Even without a pocket I think it would still look good. I love your adventurous spirit in trying new things and updating them to suit your own style.
MissCelie said... (8/5/08 7:30 PM) Reply
Adorable!
Heatherrique said... (8/5/08 6:07 PM) Reply
Absolutely out-a-sight and dyn-a-mite! Gorgeous and eyecatching resuscitation of an oldie but goodie!
frame said... (8/5/08 5:33 PM) Reply
Cute dress, great review as ever. Thanks.
sewtime said... (8/5/08 4:34 PM) Reply
The dress looks stunning on you, material fits it, perfect. Good job. Thanks for the tutorial.

Sewing Workshop Valencia Jacket & Pants Pattern