Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5671 (The Perfect Knit Wardrobe)

Reviewed by:annie11

Last Updated:1/15/09 11:44 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Very Helpful by 44 people
See other patterns in this category: Suits / Separates
Donna Likes Golf said... (11/22/09 11:36 AM) Reply
I am getting ready to make the pants. Your review was very helpful. Now I am thinking I need to make everything you did! Great job!
Sara The Slayer said... (11/19/09 3:34 PM) Reply
I was just getting ready to hit this pattern, and all I have to say is WOW. Thanks for the tip on the pockets too. I guess I'll put them in the jacket, not pants. I also love the fit instructions.
cindyann said... (10/22/09 3:54 PM) Reply
Hey I missed this and when I p/u this pattern today and searched I found your review. WOW terrific job on a travel wardrobe. I'm very happy I got this pattern now!! thanks.
Michelle T said... (9/4/09 3:35 PM) Reply
Wonderful review and some great looking clothes.
AdaF said... (8/24/09 10:29 PM) Reply
I need one just like this fast!!! Your review is very inspirational!! Thanks!
AquariJenn said... (8/17/09 10:39 PM) Reply
Fabulous idea. I love the wardrobe. Very versatile and stylish. Great job!
RuthieSews said... (3/16/09 7:53 PM) Reply
great review. I just ordered this pattern and its great to see it in action.
Puppy said... (1/17/09 11:37 AM) Reply
Although I don't know if I'll EVER be able to pack as light as you did, after years of over-packing, I keep working on whittling down, and I am such a fan of "rolling" my clothes (I roll them all up together and I am always amazed how many items I can take when I "roll". And you created a really zippy-looking and versatile wardrobe.
okie2thdoc said... (1/15/09 8:02 PM) Reply
Your combination looks great. I love the idea of 1 bag to Cancun! Glad it worked well. Fab bag!
Judy Wentz said... (1/15/09 7:48 PM) Reply
You did a really nice job. It all just looks great. jw
Immelu said... (1/15/09 7:40 PM) Reply
Wow, that is absolutely fantastic! I'm glad you had a good time!
Miranda said... (1/15/09 7:15 PM) Reply
What an amazing wardrobe! Well done, and I'm glad it worked so well for your vacation. good point about the pockets.
Christas said... (1/15/09 6:42 PM) Reply
You have gotten some fantastic mileage out of this pattern. Love all the garments...very nice fabric choices with each pattern style.
Sew4Fun said... (1/15/09 6:28 PM) Reply
OMG! What a fantastic wardrobe of clothes! Very inspiring. You need to feature in the McCalls magazine with this.
brrmm said... (1/15/09 5:02 PM) Reply
Inspirational!! I bet McCalls would be interested in seeing what you've achieved here. I'm travelling this year and think I'll use your wardrobe as inspiration and guidance. Thanks and happy travelling.
KateS said... (1/15/09 3:06 PM) Reply
Fantastic review! I am sooooo going to have to buy this pattern now :)
j222b said... (1/15/09 2:59 PM) Reply
Perfect choices of pattern, & fabric-beautiful on you, too.
Myspirit4 said... (1/15/09 2:01 PM) Reply
Very, very nice! Love the fabric and color choices, too!
mars418 said... (1/15/09 12:59 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. This pattern does make the perfect travel wardrobe! I've added it to my shopping list!
Flying Seamstress said... (1/15/09 12:23 PM) Reply
Your travel wardrobe is PERFECT! You have executed each phase of this project (planning, designing, fitting, sewing) so very well...perfectly! Oh, I already said that. :) So very inspiring and this would make a great casual work wardrobe too. This pattern will be flying out of the drawers this week... :)
Gelbean said... (1/14/09 11:25 PM) Reply
This is an impressive and inspirational collection. Every item looks great on you!
Em's Summer said... (1/14/09 1:01 PM) Reply
What an amazing travel wardrobe! It is so inspiring to see everything all together like that! Great job!
nienna said... (1/4/09 0:07 AM) Reply
Wow! You just inspired me to make a new travel wardrobe. Great review
halleyscomet said... (8/29/08 12:12 PM) Reply
Geez, you've been busy! Joann's has Mccalls on sale today for $1.99 so after seeing your great wardrobe, I went out and bought this pattern. I love the look and feel of knit and am dying to try this pattern. Fabulous job!
dreamdesigner said... (8/18/08 2:38 AM) Reply
I agree. Very inspiring! So where did you/are you going?
Laurasews said... (8/17/08 11:57 PM) Reply
Wow! Very inspiring. I returned from the Palmer/Pletsch sewing vacation over a week ago and was really inspired to try this pattern. Now that they have taught me so much about fit, I need to get it. You have a great wardrobe. Great choice of fabrics.
lovenicky said... (8/14/08 3:41 PM) Reply
You look great! I also have this pattern. I made 2 dresses (adjusted to knee length) and I wear them all the time. After reading your review, I now want to try to make the other pieces too!
Schnauzer said... (8/12/08 1:40 AM) Reply
Fabulous wardrobe!
Dee2 said... (8/11/08 6:16 PM) Reply
How clever & creative!! Congratulations on a pretty wardrobe that looks great on & is practical for travel too.
Annette1 said... (8/11/08 1:05 PM) Reply
Oh, yeah: I love that pajama picture. You remind me of Daisy Buchannan of The Great Gatsby fame. :o)
Annette1 said... (8/11/08 1:04 PM) Reply
This is TOTALLY AWESOME! I mean REALLY. You have an entire WARDROBE here, ALL easy care and non-wrinkle, and you LOOK like a million bucks in every single piece. I hate you. :o)))
Sherril Miller said... (8/11/08 11:29 AM) Reply
You're ready to go anywhere. Those pieces are perfect for travel and every day wear. You look great in them too.
carolynw said... (8/11/08 8:38 AM) Reply
Very impressive and beautiful travel wardrobe - thanks for all the lovely ideas!!
Trixie1955 said... (8/10/08 7:01 PM) Reply
I wish I had written down the pattern number before I went out to run errands. I tried to find this pattern, but your photos were SO much better than the envelope so I missed it. Now that I've seen the envelope photo again I know I ran past it. Next trip, I'm getting this one!
Vicky J said... (8/10/08 6:18 PM) Reply
Very nice. Everything is so flattering (more so than the envelope appears)! Love your photo of everything "rolled up". Shall we nominate you the new "knit queen"?
rozzybabe said... (8/10/08 6:15 PM) Reply
What a well thought out wardrobe; tons of looks, very versatile. It's obviously a great pattern. Enjoy your holiday!
Rhoda K said... (8/10/08 2:27 PM) Reply
Ditto all the above - great wardrobe!!
Bernadette W said... (8/10/08 2:08 PM) Reply
Rick Steves (PBS travel guru) should make you the "Poster Girl" for planning and packing excellence!
ConnieBJ said... (8/10/08 11:47 AM) Reply
Impressive! The photos are great too.
okie2thdoc said... (8/10/08 11:38 AM) Reply
You did a great job expanding your wardrobe. I love what you've done.
cecelia said... (8/10/08 11:36 AM) Reply
This wardrobe is simply amazing and looks terrific on you. Enabler--now I have to go buy this pattern!!
annie11 said... (8/10/08 11:16 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone! I had a lot of fun planning this wardrobe. tlmck3- thanks for noticing my garden! Gardening is my second favorite hobby- quite a far second, but it gives me more exercise than sewing.
Trixie1955 said... (8/10/08 11:14 AM) Reply
What an inspiration! I am a very light traveler, and your planning has just made my next trip much easier! You really have shown us how to build a great, versatille mix-n-match wardrobe. Thank you!
Peggy said... (8/10/08 11:00 AM) Reply
Thank you for a great review and pictures...You did an awesome job and your clothes are beautiful.
marykpfist said... (8/10/08 9:59 AM) Reply
Love the pictures! What a model! :-)
CShelley said... (8/10/08 8:50 AM) Reply
You sure got your money's worth out of that pattern! I wish I was disciplined/organized/forward thinking enough to plan a wardrobe like that. Great job.
pt6356 said... (8/10/08 7:59 AM) Reply
Love your ensemble! Every piece looks great to you, and I like the way they relate to each other. Fun photos, too :-)
Ellenatlga said... (8/10/08 7:41 AM) Reply
Talk about making the most of one pattern! Those are great clothes! They look great on you, perfect colors for you, and I know they're comfortable. Fabulous job.
tlmck3 said... (8/10/08 4:57 AM) Reply
Annie, It all looks great...and so does your garden! (I could tell you were in IL without even looking, just by what is in in bloom right now!)
Amanda S. said... (8/10/08 1:54 AM) Reply
Goodness! You went a little crazy with this one pattern! Everything looks great and coordinates. Great job. :)
marec said... (8/10/08 1:48 AM) Reply
I bow to you! :-) Excellent job from a fellow traveler...
Athene said... (8/10/08 0:07 AM) Reply
A great wardrobe and a great review. I bought the pattern for the dress and never really thought about the rest of the items but your review is very inspiring. Its a great travel wardrobe.
sewtime said... (8/9/08 10:53 PM) Reply
Love your new wardrobe. The fit is great, pretty material! The last picture with your clothes in the bag was great! Thank you for the time you took to show us!
Lori V said... (8/9/08 10:47 PM) Reply
Wow, what a review and great set of garments. Great job planning your travel wardrobe.
wvsher said... (8/9/08 10:35 PM) Reply
Wow! Amazing wardrobe. All of the pieces look great. The black dress is really stunning on you!
Miss Fairchild said... (8/9/08 10:32 PM) Reply
My word! What a great review and a wonderful array of clothing, too! I'm sure that anyone who has to travel would be interested in this review, as the wardrobe has a lot of versatility. Well done!
anncie1 said... (8/9/08 10:30 PM) Reply
OMG - How cute is that! Set this wardrobe aside and I'll send you to Italy when I hit lotto!
seeinspotz said... (8/9/08 10:21 PM) Reply
Fabulous array of clothing, beautifully done!!!!
Kaitlinnegan said... (8/9/08 10:20 PM) Reply
Wow - this is really inspiring! Looks like a very versatile pattern. I especially like the top - it looks great on you!
Lynnelle said... (8/9/08 10:01 PM) Reply
Wow, way to go! Nice job.

Pattern Work
Pattern Work

by: janimal

Petite Plus V202 VHS

Petite Plus V202 VHS

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)