Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 9769 (Civil War Undergarments)

Reviewed by:Princess Aurora

About Princess Aurorastar
AZ USA
Member since: 6/9/08
Posted on:8/11/08 2:56 PM
Last Updated:5/20/09 4:57 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Needs More Info by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Costumes
MissFit said... (5/20/09 7:43 AM) Reply
Actually I have found most larger women prefer to have spring steel as it provides more support. The smaller you are the less support you need in the bust area and can get away with using spiral. I have made many, many corsets and have used everything from cable ties to plastic whalebone and spiral steel. Just as a warning never use spiral bones on the center back of the corset, the grommets really need the spring steel!
Amy Elizabeth said... (8/11/08 6:42 PM) Reply
Thankyou for the review - I have a different Simplicity civil war era corset pattern that I've been meaning to make, and this has spurred me on. I'd love to see the links you found, and compare my notes with yours. Would you mind sharing what kind of boning you used?
AliciaNoel said... (8/11/08 6:06 PM) Reply
A perfect looking corset! I have always wondered how this pattern could turn out, but been afraid to try. Thanks! I just might cut into the pattern I have soon :)
mesos said... (8/11/08 6:05 PM) Reply
Really liked this info, I own this pattern & have been needing to make same...many thanks for the encouragement.

SewBaby Twirl Top and Pants Pattern