Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2971 (Blanket, Bibs & Doll)

Reviewed by:KarenP

About KarenPstar
NV USA
Member since: 8/19/02
Posted on:8/1/03 7:57 PM
Last Updated:11/5/03 1:45 PM

See other patterns in this category: Quilts
JDpenelope said... (9/15/07 7:32 PM) Reply
Gorgeous. Like you, I think black and white works for children and even babies. You prove that it does. I'm buying this pattern, thanks to your review.
cindy-lou said... (8/19/07 5:21 PM) Reply
Very cute! I love the black and white look-- actually super for a baby. What a great gift!
Gigi Louis said... (11/6/03 7:33 AM) Reply
How beautiful - the fabric is fabulous! This seems like a great pattern for those of us who don't quilt.
Pam Z said... (11/5/03 9:27 PM) Reply
Your fabrics are perfect for new baby. Cute blanket!
Hilary said... (11/5/03 5:37 PM) Reply
What a cute blanket! I also like the doll and bibs- the side closure on the bib is a clever idea :) i may have to pick this one up~I'd love to make the doll and bibs for my new baby girl, and it would be easy to whip up some quick shower gifts in the future. :o) thanks for the review!
Lou. said... (11/5/03 3:06 PM) Reply
I love this blanket, and I love the fabric. I almost need it...in fact if it's in NY this weekend I'm having it.
Celeste said... (11/5/03 2:17 PM) Reply
Did you prewash the fabric? Very important as some shrink and some bleed (yikes!--some very badly). I used to get impatient and never prewash, and now i prewash EVERYthing. Nice colors--black and white are very stimulating to a baby's eyes!
Ann C said... (8/2/03 11:44 AM) Reply
I have found that sometimes fabrics (especially purchased from chain stores, especially cottons) are actually short of 45" wide, for example a 42" width. Then after preshrinking you may end up with even less! Sometimes the manufacturer will own up to this on the bolt, sometimes not. Sorry this caused you difficulty but it sounds like you have made a very nice gift.

Sewaholic Patterns 1401