Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8162 (Misses' Cape)

Reviewed by:Marji

About Marjistarstarstarstar
MO USA
Member since: 9/19/06
Posted on:8/15/08 10:34 AM
Last Updated:8/15/08 11:51 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Needs More Info by 1 people    Very Helpful by 27 people
EveS said... (8/24/08 11:34 PM) Reply
Gosh, I almost forgot to check in on this review!! So glad I didn't! A rain cape...what a fabulous idea (that I must copy)! :) I love the details of this piece...even a simple piece from you is an admirable piece of work. Thanks for the inspiration! Love those ginormous buttons, btw.
shesflipped said... (8/17/08 11:09 AM) Reply
This is OUTSTANDING! I love the style, (Super Chic) the color is fabulous, and the fabric is so unique! Lucky Sister!
Harriet Rogers said... (8/16/08 4:05 PM) Reply
Marji: do you want to adopt another sister? I LOVE your version of the cape: fabulous fabric choice: striking in every way. Lucky sister.
cmarie12 said... (8/16/08 12:27 PM) Reply
What an awesome cape! Love the fabric/pattern combination!
Fran G said... (8/16/08 8:30 AM) Reply
This is just the prettiest rain cape that I have seen..what a great color for a rainy day. Your point about not using/needing the armhole slits is well taken. I love the cape buttoned up....your sister is very fortunate to have you and I can tell that you love her! Beautiful work, Marji, but you had best get some rest as you have been sewing up a storm lately!
Danvillegirl said... (8/16/08 7:37 AM) Reply
Very nice! Perfect for Florida!
Nancy Rhodes said... (8/16/08 7:24 AM) Reply
Awesome outcome. I am rethinking my relationship with capes... this looks like a fun project. Beautiful job and you must be a very dear sister to your family.
Rustybobn said... (8/16/08 6:45 AM) Reply
Wow! I love that! (Wait, is there an echo in here???) Thanks for the inspirational review.
Mahogany Stylist said... (8/15/08 10:32 PM) Reply
Beautifully made, Marji.
Birgitte said... (8/15/08 9:35 PM) Reply
Striking looking. Excellent idea with the backing button and the corded buttonhole. Your sis is one lucky lady.
AnneM said... (8/15/08 7:33 PM) Reply
That is lovely. Nice solution to your DSis' outerwear problem.
rozzybabe said... (8/15/08 6:28 PM) Reply
I'm not a "cape" person, & in Canada our winters are very cold, so obviously a warmer fabric would have to be used, however, your details & excellent pictures will lead me to getting this pattern. Many thanks for the clear directions on a corded buttonhole, another tip I'll use. Super job!
Littlehuntingcreek said... (8/15/08 4:23 PM) Reply
Beautiful, and practical too!
ALY said... (8/15/08 3:47 PM) Reply
Great pairing of fabric and pattern! And the color will brighten any rainy day.
Rhoda K said... (8/15/08 3:06 PM) Reply
Beautiful cape and I like the part that arm slits aren't required. I, too, think they would be cumbersome. I think this would also be nice as a "regular" cape, too, especially with slacks. Great job!
Tany said... (8/15/08 3:01 PM) Reply
What a fabulous garment and excellent (Very Helpful) review! Thank you so much for sharing this project, Marji! You should be very proud of the outcome! Well done!
PegL said... (8/15/08 2:22 PM) Reply
Thanks for this very good review! It looks very complete to me! It's timely for me as I have this pattern and am hoping to have it done for Fall...ever the optimist.
gatorgirl4325 said... (8/15/08 12:19 PM) Reply
Gorgeous color - a perfect item for a rainy day. Hope your sister loves it -it's a great cape!
cindyann said... (8/15/08 12:17 PM) Reply
The is just awesome, Marji! I lurve it! What a fantastic idea to use this pattern for rainwear. Lucky sister. BTW, this is a great review and I suspect that the "needs more info" button got hit by accident. I've had to catch myself a few times as it's right next to the "very helpful" button.
sewtime said... (8/15/08 12:10 PM) Reply
Beautiful cape, love the fabric everything about it!
leanmeansewingmachine said... (8/15/08 12:07 PM) Reply
Great cape! Stylish AND useful - wow!
michellep74 said... (8/15/08 11:54 AM) Reply
Very cute! This looks like a perfect project for when you want to sew up a new jacket but don't feel like messing with the hassle of fitting one!
joan said... (8/15/08 11:24 AM) Reply
A great idea for a lt. rain cape. Makes me think my sis that I sew for across country might like one for that type of day for her. Hope my JoAnns has some similar fabric.
ITAdmin said... (8/15/08 11:18 AM) Reply
I love this, style and fabric.
Elona said... (8/15/08 11:09 AM) Reply
What a striking cape! Bet your sis will love it.
ConnieBJ said... (8/15/08 11:09 AM) Reply
Great cape- I'm sure your sister will love it. How funny- I pulled this pattern out last week and decided it was going to be my next project! Good timing Marji!
Lauri Jean said... (8/15/08 10:47 AM) Reply