Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1068 (Jacket, skirt, pants etc.)

Reviewed by:Jolet

About Joletstar
Member since: 9/17/02
Skill level:Expert/Couture
Posted on:8/18/08 4:04 PM
Last Updated:8/18/08 4:23 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Pants    Skirts
goggles said... (9/22/11 3:06 PM) Reply
I'm having trouble with the pattern: upper and lower front and back don't seem to fit: too big lower part? rimpelen??? Jolet, please help out ?
Annette1 said... (11/2/08 3:00 PM) Reply
Oh my, such a BEAUTIFUL jacket! I hope you get lots of wear out of it. I can just SEE it with the gloves!
nancy2001 said... (8/20/08 10:10 AM) Reply
Simply gorgeous. Right after I spotted your review I went straight to the Vogue website and selected 1068 as my free pattern. I love the way your collar turned out -- crisp and flawless. Much better than the photo on the pattern envelope.
nancy2001 said... (8/20/08 9:49 AM) Reply
Simply gorgeous. Right after I spotted your review I went straight to the Vogue website and selected 1068 as my free pattern. I'd like to morph the collar onto a classic shoulder princess style. I love the way your collar turned out -- crisp and flawless. Much better than the photo on the pattern envelope.
Ciclista said... (8/19/08 10:38 PM) Reply
You sew such beautiful jackets (loved your La Mia Boutique too)!!. Yours looks much better than the picture on the pattern envelop.
Nancy Rhodes said... (8/19/08 8:09 PM) Reply
Ditto beautiful jacket.. the gloves will put you over the top!
Winifred said... (8/19/08 5:34 PM) Reply
Impressive and stylishly beautiful ! Love the collar - the fabric too.
Mufffet said... (8/19/08 3:09 PM) Reply
Beautiful. Such fantastic work. Lovely style to the design. Vogue does it again, and so did you!
Gold said... (8/19/08 12:50 PM) Reply
I think it's a beautiful jacket! Sorry you don't like it. You did a great job.
Nancy Anne said... (8/19/08 12:36 PM) Reply
Love everything about your jacket. Your work is impressive!
Timmithea said... (8/19/08 11:06 AM) Reply
Very simple lines and pretty.
Beek said... (8/19/08 9:08 AM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket! Looks very Armani!
EveS said... (8/19/08 8:26 AM) Reply
I LOVE this jacket! Unique and still classic. I'm sorry you don't like it as much as you'd hoped. Can I give you my shipping address? ;)
Karen8320 said... (8/19/08 7:57 AM) Reply
Jolet, this is definitely a beautiful piece of work and a very, very stylish jacket. Everything about it is classy. The collar is unusual, the buttons are great and the sleeve vents are smart. It would go equally as well worn with smart pants or a skirt. I'm sure there will be many opportunities to wear it and you will cherish the hard work you've put into sewing it.
Fran G said... (8/19/08 7:41 AM) Reply
I think this jacket is beautiful! Love the collar and the sleeve vents. Very classy and sophisticated.
Darla in PA said... (8/19/08 6:07 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket!
merteuil said... (8/19/08 2:36 AM) Reply
Very elegant! Great fabric choice for this jacket!
senaSews said... (8/19/08 0:45 AM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful. It looks so sophisticated and well done. I especially love the style of the collar!
lmg said... (8/18/08 11:22 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket. The collar, buttons and vents are all tres cool. Can't wait to make it!
hongkongshopper said... (8/18/08 11:22 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!
Athene said... (8/18/08 10:41 PM) Reply
A really good looking jacket. Thank you for all the pictures and the review.
Lori V said... (8/18/08 9:18 PM) Reply
Stunning jacket.
FreyaStark said... (8/18/08 8:17 PM) Reply
It is a handsome and stylish garment. Well done.
Diane E said... (8/18/08 8:13 PM) Reply
Jolet, your new jacket is stunning! I love it and I really enjoyed your review. Also, I see that you figured out how to add additional photo links. Fantastic!
LindsayT said... (8/18/08 8:08 PM) Reply
Well done. Very couture-looking.
Annelisa said... (8/18/08 7:44 PM) Reply
Very classy and elegant! Love the collar!
Re Becca said... (8/18/08 7:39 PM) Reply
This looks really good, cute collar. Thanks for the pictures of your interfacing.
Sew4Fun said... (8/18/08 7:19 PM) Reply
Beautiful, classic jacket.
ladybirdlove said... (8/18/08 6:58 PM) Reply
very classy- nice work :)
Tiner W said... (8/18/08 6:22 PM) Reply
This looks so chic! I love the fabric you've used. I hope you'll enjoy wearing it! I wish I could go glove-shopping in Italy with you!
Terri Smith said... (8/18/08 5:43 PM) Reply
I think you jacket looks very smart, and gloves will really set it off. Very nice work.
loohoo44 said... (8/18/08 5:23 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket, love the button/fabric combo, sleeve vents, collar, everything really!
Peggy L said... (8/18/08 5:08 PM) Reply
You did a beautiful job on this. I love the collar. I hope you like it better in a week or two.
Arbicuswoo said... (8/18/08 4:49 PM) Reply
It really is a lovely jacket--very eye catching!
sewtime said... (8/18/08 4:32 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! Love the detailing you did on it. I also think you will love this jacket once you have worn it a few times!
tr1c14 said... (8/18/08 4:29 PM) Reply
I think it's a really beautiful coat - especially the collar- a bit out of the ordinary and very sophisticated if youa sk me.
leanmeansewingmachine said... (8/18/08 4:08 PM) Reply
Beautiful work on the jacket! Maybe you'll like it better after you've worn a few times.

by: BeckyW

SewBaby Patchwork Purse Pattern

SewBaby Patchwork Purse Pattern

Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)

Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)