Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 06-2003-133 (Blouse)

Reviewed by:JuliaL

Last Updated:8/4/03 4:33 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
Julia Graham said... (8/10/03 3:44 PM) Reply
Julia, this looks great on you! Color and shape are both very pretty. I've used canned goods as weights too, back when I was cutting out on my mother's kitchen table... brings back good memories. :-)
CatherineN said... (8/5/03 5:50 PM) Reply
That neckline is so pretty! Very inventive handling of crinkle fabric.
Sherril Miller said... (8/5/03 0:10 AM) Reply
I think you should be very proud of yourself for successfully using that fabric. I have tried and trashed just this type of fabric. I was just admiring this top last night. I can't wait until my house is back together so I can get to my sewing room. This may be first in line. Thanks for the great review. I love to see gals sewing patterns in the 16+ size catagory. Thank you very much for this excellent review.
Irene said... (8/4/03 7:43 PM) Reply
Wow, great blouse!
Rhonda Noah said... (8/4/03 7:09 PM) Reply
That top looks terrific on you, Julia. And a new sewing notion, canned vegetables!
Georgene said... (8/4/03 7:08 PM) Reply
Crinkle like this can be difficult to work with, but you did a great job!
JuliaL said... (8/4/03 6:23 PM) Reply
Kathleen -- the points are all the same length in the pattern, but when since the side points are at a seam and the center points are not, it's hard not to stretch the center points a bit more when doing the finishing, in my case with a lettuce edge.
Jules/Vancouver BC said... (8/4/03 6:23 PM) Reply
thanks for the review, Julia...it's great to see the plus sized Burda stuff on someone who really is a normal plus size! That front point really is rather unfortunate, isn't it? Maybe if it were a bit more off-centre it would still have the design integrity, but look a little less...odd. I wondered about that when I waw it in the mag, although it did look okay with the skirt!
Marita Kinnula said... (8/4/03 6:10 PM) Reply
Wow Julia, this lookes really good on you, I've traced this pattern also along with the skirt to make some day.....you really look good in it!!!
KathleenS said... (8/4/03 5:47 PM) Reply
I liked this top in the magazine so it's great to see a "real" one! It looks good, though I see what you mean about the centre point! (I think I would eliminate it altogether and just leave the side points - which look longer than the centre one in the mag, are they really?) You dealt well with the crinkly fabric and thanks for all the tips.

Understanding Wool Fabrics