Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2975 (Vogue Wardrobe)

Reviewed by:Lisa Laree

About Lisa Lareestarstarstarstar
AL USA
Posted on:8/19/08 7:57 AM
Last Updated:8/19/08 9:56 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Pants    Skirts
DOMESTICATEDMENNONITE said... (12/14/09 10:23 AM) Reply
This top is just terrific on you! And thanks for showing it on you, and in rayon.
carolynw said... (8/20/08 6:53 PM) Reply
Really nice- love that color on you
Kellie R. said... (8/20/08 4:06 PM) Reply
I've looked at this pattern several times just for this top. After seeing your results, I'm likely to pick this up. Thanks for the informative review and zipper info.
chrisquilts_2 said... (8/20/08 11:53 AM) Reply
This is a super cute top on you. You should make lots of variants because it is REALLY flattering.
Athene said... (8/19/08 10:00 PM) Reply
A very pretty and up-to-date look. Thanks for the review and the alternate sewing sequence.
Dee2 said... (8/19/08 9:55 PM) Reply
Great top--this style & color look wonderful on you.
Marji said... (8/19/08 8:49 PM) Reply
Yours came out really nice and looks cute. I made this same top for my sister, and I just realized I must not have reviewed it here. I ended up stitching down the entire pleats, to teh waistline, which gave her a better silhouette. Enjoy wearing yours.
Natasha B said... (8/19/08 8:21 PM) Reply
Your top is fabulous and looks very designer. I love the pleats and everything seems really nicely made. I just wish I could try a Vogue average pattern - but not with quirky instructions! Thanks for a great review.
jlg said... (8/19/08 7:40 PM) Reply
Love this on you Lisa.
Lisa Laree said... (8/19/08 5:55 PM) Reply
Dorothy K, I wondered why, too, but since none of the previous reviewers said anything about leaving the zipper off, I thought perhaps the pleats made it fitted enough through the bust that the zipper was a good idea. Nope...not the case! And thanks, everyone, for all the nice comments! ;)
wreninrome said... (8/19/08 12:49 PM) Reply
very cute...looks like RTW to me!
DorothyK said... (8/19/08 11:58 AM) Reply
Very cute top. My first reaction about the zipper was: why does there need to be a zipper? Then you confirmed that at the end.
Elona said... (8/19/08 10:59 AM) Reply
That top is adorable on you! And with your cute haircute--oh, my!
sewtime said... (8/19/08 10:49 AM) Reply
Cute top, love the pleats, it hangs so nice on you!
Stephenie said... (8/19/08 10:13 AM) Reply
I've had this top cut and half constructed for about 6-9 months now!! (same color as yours, too ;) I agree, the instructions are definitely quirky... It was the interesting pleats that sucked me in, also. Your review has inspired me to pull it out and give it a second look. Yours turned out beautifully! So glad I can omit the zipper!
Peacock Chic said... (8/19/08 9:34 AM) Reply
oh wow that looks so cute and swingy
Karla Kizer said... (8/19/08 8:28 AM) Reply
Sorry you went to all that trouble to put in a zipper. It's a darling top, and a very helpful review. And I love your hair!

by: abbythomas