Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5193 (Misses Suit - Coordinates)

Reviewed by:3kids1036

About 3kids1036starstarstarstar
Member since: 10/10/06
Posted on:8/20/08 9:24 AM
Last Updated:8/20/08 9:30 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 18 people
sewmytime said... (5/13/11 9:12 AM) Reply
I know this review is almost if not three years old! However, this is my first time reading this review and seeing this jacket...It is STUNNING! Just had to share :)
kathleencramer said... (1/5/09 2:13 PM) Reply
Wow! Beautiful job on the jacket. It looks very professionally done. Great work!
Hilary said... (9/21/08 8:30 AM) Reply
Excellent sewing and fitting-your jacket looks perfect!
blue mooney said... (9/7/08 9:47 AM) Reply
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!
AnneM said... (9/3/08 8:39 AM) Reply
One of the 1st things I noticed in your picture is that nice design detail seam that you added; I really like it. The jacket came out great. Glad to read that the pattern instructions were good.
hongkongshopper said... (9/2/08 4:28 AM) Reply
This is just fabulous! Not an easy fabric and it looks perfect! I can't believe that you have been sewing such a short time.
CynthiaSue said... (8/28/08 0:13 AM) Reply
you should be proud!! this is amazing. congratulations!
amanda77 said... (8/27/08 9:30 AM) Reply
That's amazing. I love the color, and I think the added seams are really neat.
Marie67 said... (8/23/08 1:40 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, superb construction and workmanship. I have this pattern in my stash, and this has inspired me to get it out and do something with it.
Stitchcakes said... (8/22/08 8:20 PM) Reply
I don't even WANT a jacket like this and your review and success with this pattern are making me want to put it in my wishlist! Why?? Why?? I agree that if a beautifully made, custom-altered lined jacket doesn't make you at least an intermediate sewer, what does? Please promote yourself already!
piffle said... (8/22/08 11:53 AM) Reply
OMG! I have been looking for just this kind of tailored suit jacket. I can't wait until I can start sewing again (must unpack first). This is totally on my list. Well done!
Mahogany Stylist said... (8/21/08 5:15 PM) Reply
Bravo! Bravo! Girl you did a fantastic job on this jacket!
Woolygal said... (8/21/08 4:48 PM) Reply
I am so happy for you., Isn't it satisfying when all works out? Congratulations.
Rustybobn said... (8/21/08 10:00 AM) Reply
Wow! Great job. You *should be* very pleased with it, 'cause that is nice!
Nancy Anne said... (8/21/08 9:49 AM) Reply
Stunning jacket- you have every right to be proud!
CypGrl said... (8/21/08 9:20 AM) Reply
Oops! Since I don't know how to delete the comment that I accidentally re-posted, I'll just add that I wondered if we'd started reviewing dress forms as I was certain that the jacket was ready-to-wear. :-)
carolynw said... (8/21/08 9:19 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket - all your efforts sure paid off
CypGrl said... (8/21/08 9:19 AM) Reply
Yes, you definitely need to change your sewing level on your profile -- and you have permission to skip a grade level or two.
Karen8320 said... (8/21/08 8:07 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful work! This is a very, very smart looking jacket and you should be exceptionally proud of yourself. Well done!
Danvillegirl said... (8/21/08 5:33 AM) Reply
Great looking jacket. You should be very proud! Great workmanship
Athene said... (8/21/08 1:18 AM) Reply
A gorgeous jacket. The beautiful front seam detailing was the first thing I noticed when I saw the picture. Also your lapels are so well done. Congratulations - I too think you have to promote yourself from advanced beginner.
Natasha B said... (8/20/08 9:52 PM) Reply
Great jacket and divine topstitching.
Mahler said... (8/20/08 9:43 PM) Reply
You have all the reasons in the world to be proud of that jacket. Congratulations for this exquisite piece of clothing. It is very business looking.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (8/20/08 9:14 PM) Reply
Beautiful, very professional looking jacket. The fit looks great, the fabric perfect. What terrific work you did.
Sew4Fun said... (8/20/08 7:42 PM) Reply
Excellent jacket! You should be proud. I can see this jacket being in your wardrobe for many years to come.
Ronda Rae said... (8/20/08 7:30 PM) Reply
This jacket is AWESOME! Wow! Beautifully sewn.
EveS said... (8/20/08 6:47 PM) Reply
Very, very pretty. This one will last and last. You and I could race for last in topstitching speed...but it's worth every extra minute. :)
FloraNature said... (8/20/08 5:51 PM) Reply
Great jacket and tailoring! I love the extra seam, it was the first thing I noticed.
michellep74 said... (8/20/08 5:46 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous jacket! I love the extra seam and all of the details that you added!
Marji said... (8/20/08 4:27 PM) Reply
Beautifully done Adrienne, and a v classic jacket that you should have for a long time.
Kellie R. said... (8/20/08 2:39 PM) Reply
You should be proud and pleased - you did a superb job! It's a stylish design with excellent workmanship. Congratulations!
LindsayT said... (8/20/08 1:57 PM) Reply
Nice job!! What an inspiration you are.
Karendee said... (8/20/08 1:49 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and so well tailored. I admire your work.
tr1c14 said... (8/20/08 1:48 PM) Reply
I am in awe of your topstitching.
sewtime said... (8/20/08 1:17 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! The detailing is wonderful! Love the extra seam.
Erica B. said... (8/20/08 1:11 PM) Reply
Great jacket. I love the welt seams.
Dei said... (8/20/08 1:02 PM) Reply
You know I am so PROUD OF YOU! This is such a daunting project and you did fantastic! The jacket looks great and even better on you. Totally polished and RTW.
nancy2001 said... (8/20/08 12:43 PM) Reply
Beautiful, classic jacket. Very sharp looking. I think you should promote yourself to intermediate.
Beryl said... (8/20/08 12:28 PM) Reply
That extra seam made this jacket really special. You did a fabulous job!
Mary Sarah said... (8/20/08 12:19 PM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket! You did an amazing job!!!
goldenthreads said... (8/20/08 12:15 PM) Reply
You deserve a pat on the back. This is superb workmanship. Congratulations
shesflipped said... (8/20/08 11:10 AM) Reply
You continue to amaze and inspire me! This jacket it beautifully crafted~very elegant! Bravo to you! 'Advanced Beginner?' I think not...You've just been promoted!
merteuil said... (8/20/08 10:50 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! Very elegant!
Amy-may said... (8/20/08 10:43 AM) Reply
You did a beautiful job on your jacket!
yorkshire lass said... (8/20/08 10:41 AM) Reply
Well done. This is absolutely stunning. The work you put into this really, really shows and I hope you wear this for a long time with great pride. You should because its brilliant work.
wreninrome said... (8/20/08 10:16 AM) Reply
very, very nice...excellent work
unfinishedprojects said... (8/20/08 9:53 AM) Reply
The first thing I noticed was the extra seam above the bust. What a great little detail to add!
Opals Passions said... (8/20/08 9:42 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and from the construction I can see you put your all into it.....It's just FAB........
EleanorSews said... (8/20/08 9:37 AM) Reply
Kudos for you! Your jacket turned out beautifully and looks lovely on. Clearly the time spent was well worth the effort.

by: nickelc624