Pattern Reviews> Shapes> Plus One Tunic (Plus One Tunic)

Reviewed by:Barbara V

About Barbara Vstarstarstarstar
Posted on:8/21/08 10:29 AM
Last Updated:8/21/08 11:00 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
Athene said... (1/25/09 6:38 AM) Reply
A fabulous look in that gorgeous drapey knit.
CypGrl said... (8/22/08 7:55 PM) Reply
So elegant on you! I found some information about the Shapes patterns on the Sewing Workshop website after reading your review.
AnneMarie60 said... (8/22/08 12:12 PM) Reply
A graceful and beautiful design that looks fabulous on you.
VtMartha said... (8/22/08 11:42 AM) Reply
Barbara, thanks for resizing the photo - unfortunately I had no advice. The dress is gorgeous! I have this collection of patterns but I haven't sewn this one yet.
marec said... (8/22/08 11:31 AM) Reply
Barbara, I follow your reviews closely and love your choice of clothes. This one is TOPS!! You look fabulous-chic *and* relaxed, which is a difficult combination to achieve. :-)
Luckylibbet said... (8/22/08 11:20 AM) Reply
Interesting dress - the collar options make it versatile! Love that color on you, it's so flattering!
Barbara V said... (8/22/08 9:23 AM) Reply
missytexas, the hutch is not converted to hold my sewing machine although that is a great idea; however, it is perfect to hold my interfacings and linings in the lower bins, buttons, zippers, tools & notions in the middle section drawers, books at the back of the table top and finally fabrics in the upper shelves. It is a special piece in my sewing room. Thanks
Rhoda K said... (8/22/08 8:49 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress and very flattering on you. I've never heard of these patterns before so thank you for the great introduction.
Karine said... (8/22/08 8:43 AM) Reply
What a great dress! I've only seen this pattern made as a tunic worn over pants. It looks like a super comfortable dress that you will love to wear in warm weather. And so much better than the pattern illustrations would suggest!
carolynw said... (8/22/08 8:38 AM) Reply
This is beautiful - looks reaslly great on you and nothing at all like the line drawing on the Shapes web site!!
Darla in PA said... (8/22/08 7:04 AM) Reply
What a great looking dress! The color is very flattering on you. Love the asymetric collar. Great job!
missytexas said... (8/22/08 4:25 AM) Reply
This dress looks really cute on you. I like the color on you, too. And may I just say that I am intrigued with the beautiful cabinet you are standing in front of. It looks like the bottom part can be converted; is it a sewing cabinet, and does it hold your machine down there?! I am just curious, because I like beautiful furniture almost as much as beautiful garments :)
Amanda S. said... (8/22/08 1:54 AM) Reply
Ha, ha, I'm laughing at all your technical difficulties, only because it reminds me so much of myself. Glad to see you finally got it figured out!
Patti B said... (8/22/08 0:37 AM) Reply
It looks lovely and it's nice that the collar is versatile. The fabric looks more like a linen than a jersey -- good to know that a knit will work for the pattern. Glad you solved the photo problem.
Barbara V said... (8/21/08 7:23 PM) Reply
Thank you ladies for your kind comments and I have been working on this all day, changing cameras, adjusting the camera image size settings, getting all dressed again, snap, snap, upload, upload, but I continue to get small images on my review. I know it is not this difficult for everyone, but it remains a mystery to me! I shall keep working on it, but for now I need a major break!
DorothyK said... (8/21/08 6:54 PM) Reply
The dress looks terrific. That certainly is an interesting pattern. I too would love to see bigger pictures.
Karendee said... (8/21/08 5:13 PM) Reply
I would love to see this in a larger picture, but the color and general outline looks lovely on you.
nicegirl said... (8/21/08 3:07 PM) Reply
Interesting garment! I like the color, too.
sewtime said... (8/21/08 11:48 AM) Reply
Looks great! But do wish the pictures were bigger. But beautiful job!
marthamyers said... (8/21/08 11:47 AM) Reply
Wonderful result. Thanks for sharing. It looks great on you, especially with the belted waist. BTW, resizing a JPG compresses it and so reduces its size. You might try going with the original size, just to see what happens.
maryfrana said... (8/21/08 11:02 AM) Reply
I like the collar a lot and the color of the fabric really suits you. I've been interested in Sewing Workshop for a while and this makes me want to look again. Thanks for the review.
Barbara V said... (8/21/08 10:53 AM) Reply
Ladies, are the images large enough now? I used my highend camera with plenty of pixels amd quality, but don't understand why I cannot generate large images even after resizing each one. I will need to read up on this.
Barbara V said... (8/21/08 10:43 AM) Reply
Thanks for the note MtMartha. I'm working frantically to enlarge the images. Please stand by. I really need some education here. :-)
VtMartha said... (8/21/08 10:35 AM) Reply
Barbara, I would love to see this but your pictures are teeny tiny on my screen. Can you make them larger?

Contest Travel Wardrobe Contest