Pattern Reviews> Marfy> 1661 (dress)

Reviewed by:julesberry

About julesberrystarstar
Member since: 12/6/05
Posted on:8/22/08 9:02 AM

ShelBr said... (12/31/09 9:07 PM) Reply
Hi Julesberry, I am about to purchase my first Marfy pattern but unsure about sizing. I, too, am bigger in top half than bottom half and if I fitted it to my measurements, I would look weird. I usually buy Size 14 in the big 4, as there is usually plenty of ease to provide space for bust, otherwise I would be size 18 bust (naturally), size 20 waist, and size 12 in hips. In your experience, does Marfy provide enough ease to provide the same fit as other patterns. I am thinking size 46. I would very much appreciate your advice? Direct email response would be fine too. The neckline, the v-shape at waist, and the pockets at the hip are very flattering for our type of figure - looks good.
Karine said... (8/24/08 3:11 PM) Reply
Both dresses are beautiful and look terrific on you. Love the details in the front.
CynthiaSue said... (8/22/08 11:50 PM) Reply
very tailored and professional looking.
Liana said... (8/22/08 2:30 PM) Reply
Beautiful! A friend bought this pattern too, and I've been wishing I could see it made up. Lovely design, and a good job!
Vivienne said... (8/22/08 1:55 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dresses! You've got to love a dress that looks so elegant with tevas.
Elona said... (8/22/08 11:31 AM) Reply
What pretty dresses! The style suits you and you got a nice fit, too.
Luckylibbet said... (8/22/08 11:17 AM) Reply
Lovely job fitting! Beautiful style lines that are amazingly flattering on you.
Terri A said... (8/22/08 11:16 AM) Reply
Wow great job!
dbsewer said... (8/22/08 10:13 AM) Reply
Lovely dresses. I so admire anyone who can make Marfy work for them. The fabrics are pretty and both dresses look really chic on you. Good job.
OP Gal said... (8/22/08 10:13 AM) Reply
Beautiful! They fit beautifully and the construction looks impeccable. I especially like the black and white leaves pattern.
Re Becca said... (8/22/08 9:25 AM) Reply
This looks really cute on. You did a great job with the fit, I like both versions.
yorkshire lass said... (8/22/08 9:21 AM) Reply
Wow, both dresses are lovely. They really suit you and the lines are so beautiful. The pockets do give it a different look and the struggles you had don't show in the beautiful finish of the garments. I hope you enjoy wearing them both.

SewBaby Easy to Sew Baby Layette Pattern