Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3620 (Misses Fitted Blouses)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:8/24/08 12:24 PM

annelouise said... (11/18/10 6:17 AM) Reply
I really like this pattern also, has anybody reviewed the short sleeve version? I've made the long sleeve without ties in white linen & black linen, I added length to cover my behind but now I'm considering shortening it to recommended length
ryan's mom said... (9/13/08 9:29 PM) Reply
This is so pretty on you! You wear those tops and jacket with ties so well. I always shy away from them because I think it will make me look even more short-waisted. This style looks really great on you.
Jane S said... (9/11/08 10:59 AM) Reply
Wow, wow, wow. I think this might be my favorite garment on you this year. It looks just like a very expensive blouse I bought at Saks this year...don't tell my husband what I paid because it doesn't fit as nicely as yours.
Sheila457 said... (9/6/08 7:14 PM) Reply
Great blouse and like the tie detail.
CynthiaSue said... (8/26/08 0:50 AM) Reply
Excellent thorough review of KS Heather. We'll convert everyone yet. Your top looks great!
Bernie R. said... (8/25/08 6:35 PM) Reply
Nice details! And yes, why DO the models always look like they'd rather be anywhere than on the front of this pattern envelope! Great review!
Mufffet said... (8/25/08 10:45 AM) Reply
WOW...that's the same fabric I made my daughter's dress out of which I reviewed over the weekend!! Isn't it LOVELY! Your top is great. I love the fit on you and of course your fabric!
gatorgirl4325 said... (8/25/08 10:09 AM) Reply
That is a very attractive blouse!
EveS said... (8/25/08 9:36 AM) Reply
I love it (now there's a surprise)! :) BTW, are there any colors that look bad on you??
shesflipped said... (8/25/08 9:30 AM) Reply
Another fabulous top by You! I really like the style & tie belt~Looks great on you! I second the motion for You and Lori V. to model your versions of this top on the pattern cover. What's with those two on the cover anyway? They both look as if they are smelling something unpleasant.
Squeezylemon said... (8/25/08 8:30 AM) Reply
Gorgeous blouse on you! I always love the cheerful colours and patterns that you use, brightens up our grey skies in Northern Ireland!
Karen8320 said... (8/25/08 6:28 AM) Reply
Louella, you always sew such fabulous tops that suit you really well and choose lovely fabrics to go with them. This top is so lovely! The shape of this collar is just right for this top and the ties give it a really feminine touch. Fantastic work again and a style that is so kool!
Em's Summer said... (8/25/08 2:27 AM) Reply
What a great top! This looks so classic! I love it!
pterion said... (8/24/08 11:53 PM) Reply
Very stylish and well-fitted blouse. I love it!
Marji said... (8/24/08 11:00 PM) Reply
Very attractive blouse and your fit is great. I never think to look at KS, primarily because their cover photos are so un-inspiring. Your blouse is so much prettier than their photos.
Karen6790 said... (8/24/08 9:50 PM) Reply
It's a wonder anyone ever buys KwikSew with those pictures on the front. I hereby add my vote to putting you and LoriV on a reissued pattern. Beautiful job here, you've reminded me I have this pattern cut out too - must get to it. Thanks for the review.
sewing for fun said... (8/24/08 9:45 PM) Reply
Excellent, detailed review and very cute blouse. Great color on you! Love your creative titles, too!
Natasha B said... (8/24/08 8:05 PM) Reply
You do the most fabulous blouses ... everyone of them looks great and uses really successful fabric.
2BSewing said... (8/24/08 7:17 PM) Reply
Gorgeous blouse. Looks wonderful on you. Love the fabric. I have this pattern in my stash that kept moving down my "to do" list. After seeing your version...I need to move it back up. Thank you for the review.
Sew4Fun said... (8/24/08 7:09 PM) Reply
Great blouse! I was also inspired by Lori's blouse and now yours. It's very flattering on both of you. I nominate both Lori and yourself as the new models. :)
Gelbean said... (8/24/08 5:59 PM) Reply
Another gorgeous top and very informative review! Great job!
Flying Seamstress said... (8/24/08 5:42 PM) Reply
Another winner ~ you are so pretty in pink!
jent said... (8/24/08 5:27 PM) Reply
Pretty, pretty shirt! I love the color of your fabric - it's a great color for you! Thanks for the excellent review - I think I may have to try this pattern.
Kbenco said... (8/24/08 5:24 PM) Reply
This blouse looks lovely on you, I think it would not look nearly so rich with exposed hemming on the ties - what were Kwik Sew thinking?
Annette1 said... (8/24/08 4:26 PM) Reply
Yeah, I'm with Catbird: Y'all should BOTH be on the pattern front. :o) This is just darling on you, but then WHAT ISN'T? I can't believe the tie was not doubled in the first place, considering that is one of the main features of the blouse. That is most definitely an improvement. Wish I looked as good as you do in this style, because I love it! Excellent review, as always. :o)
Kellie R. said... (8/24/08 3:24 PM) Reply
Wow! What a great blouse! I just love, LOVE the fabric and the style is classic and feminine. Great job - you look fabulous!
sewtime said... (8/24/08 3:13 PM) Reply
Love your top! I am going to have to purchase this pattern. It is so cute on you! Love the material. Good review.
Riordan said... (8/24/08 3:00 PM) Reply
What a darling blouse!!! Look wonderful on you--lovely color (and I love the polka dots)!
Catbird said... (8/24/08 1:02 PM) Reply
You have such a knack for finding styles and colors that flatter you -- this is so pretty! Thank you for the excellent review. I hereby nominate you and Lori V to replace BOTH models on the pattern envelope...!
Mahler said... (8/24/08 12:58 PM) Reply
You made me laugh with your "Why-do-I-have-to-wear-these, eeeew-icky" ! You are so right. This is not a good publicity for their own patterns. Your review is great. and so is your blouse ! I love that colour on you. I envy your dark hair and beautiful complection !
Michelle L said... (8/24/08 12:46 PM) Reply
What a pretty shirt! I have been considering either the burda or the hot patterns "fit to be tied" version as well. I like the idea of doubling the ties so the wrong side does not show. Thanks for a great review.

BurdaStyle Downloadable 04-2010-165