Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8499 (Marcy Tilton Skirt)

Reviewed by:Perfect Fit

About Perfect Fit
Member since: 2/27/08
Posted on:8/27/08 7:44 PM
Last Updated:8/27/08 8:09 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

margar said... (3/16/10 5:13 PM) Reply
Outstanding review with useful details! Your excellent choice of fabric made a really good looking skirt!
lisa d458 said... (6/3/09 7:07 PM) Reply
Thank heavens for all your comments before I started this skirt. I made it out of a midweight cotton mini-check and it hangs well. I covered the top of the zippers (thank you for that idea) with a pocket flap to completely hide the fact that I used 2 different zippers. Also, I hid a smaller patch pocket inside one of the regular pockets and inside the other pocket, I stitched a bias tape loop where I can hang my house key and not have it drop to the bottom of the skirt. I am 5'4" and I shortened the skirt 4" . You are left on your own to finish the inside of this skirt and so I serged everything and then top-stitched the seams. I clipped and pressed the seams open at the bottom of the skirt where the hem curves in and top-stitched each seam allowance open there. I think that gave the bottom of the skirt a little more form, if that makes any sense.
DorothyK said... (8/29/08 12:37 PM) Reply
Great skirt. I love the fabric.
Athene said... (8/29/08 0:26 AM) Reply
Great skirt and great fabric.
Cat MacGregor said... (8/28/08 2:52 PM) Reply
Great job!!! I've got this and haven't made it yet. I'm so happy it's so easy!
Ann Smith said... (8/28/08 12:45 PM) Reply
Great looking skirt. I love the striped silk noil even if it does collapse.
pterion said... (8/28/08 11:18 AM) Reply
Lovely skirt. The pockets are great. I have this pattern too and both the skirt and pants design look like they would be so comfortable to wear. Thanks for the review!
Kellie R. said... (8/28/08 8:50 AM) Reply
What a unique and fun skirt to have in your wardrobe! The fabric works so well with the design - great job!
cecelia said... (8/28/08 8:42 AM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this. I have the pattern and want to make it because it's very different. Yours came out very well.
2BSewing said... (8/27/08 9:29 PM) Reply
Your skirt is beautiful. I love your striped silk fabric. It works well with this pattern. Thanks for pointing out the size and ease of the skirt. I have this pattern already traced out, but I could not decide where it would be appropriate to shorten it. Thanks for taking the time to review this pattern.
All About Linings