Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4949

Member since: 5/10/07
Posted on:8/28/08 3:05 PM
See other patterns in this category: Costumes    Toddlers
Heatherrique said... (8/29/08 9:46 PM) Reply
Darling princess! She's so happy in her lovely costume!
heathercampbell29 said... (8/29/08 10:22 AM) Reply
Adorable cinderella dress! I'm just about to starting making my DD's "aurora" dress for halloween, I hope it turns out as well as yours did!
wreninrome said... (8/28/08 11:26 PM) Reply
what a cutie! great work
Tiner W said... (8/28/08 9:22 PM) Reply
katlew03 said... (8/28/08 7:12 PM) Reply
How cute -- dress and child. I bet your daughter thinks she is a real princess in it. If your daughter is tugging at the neck, it could be that the material is scratching her. I made a gold lame "princess robe" for my granddaughter and she refused to wear it because it scratched. I got some "seams great" soft nylon seam binding and enclosed the seams that were causing the problem and that worked. I folded it over, sandwiching the seam in the middle and zigzagged everything together. It's so shear that it's really not noticeable and protects a child's delicate skin. If that is not the problem, you might cut down the neckline a little and bind it by sewing right side to one edge with a 1/4 seam and bringing the seams great to the inside so that the edge is turned under along the fold and edge stitching about 1/4 inch from fold (on right side), and then trimming away excess, if any. I have used both of these methods when my GD complained about scratchy fabric. Seams great works wonders.
LornaJay said... (8/28/08 5:33 PM) Reply
Lovely dress - and daughter!