Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 08-2008-112 (Flattering drawstring blouse)

Reviewed by:Debra H

About Debra Hstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/16/04
Posted on:8/25/08 8:26 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 35 people
lohroffe said... (7/3/09 10:27 PM) Reply
I just got my first BWOF off of eBay and saw this blouse right away. I'm encouraged by your review! I'd like to make it with long sleeves - any thoughts?
sewpamela said... (9/4/08 2:05 AM) Reply
thanks - I appreciate the detail of your review and what to look out for. love the fabric and the idea to interface the hem with silk organza!! I'll be using that.
Sara The Slayer said... (8/31/08 11:50 AM) Reply
Great blouse. I didn't realize that it truly opened all the way. I thought that just the top had decorative buttons.
Second Avenue said... (8/27/08 2:21 PM) Reply
Debra - Your blouse is stunning. Beautiful work and a lovely colour as well. You will look beautiful! Gaylene
Annette1 said... (8/27/08 2:12 AM) Reply
As soon as I read your first sentence, I was hooked. Your blouse has turned out BEAUTIFULLY (of course). :o) It's truly one of a kind in the gorgeous fabric.
OP Gal said... (8/26/08 4:31 PM) Reply
It's good to see a review of an empire style blouse that doesn't look like maternity wear. You've done a wonderful job on this blouse. The fabric pattern is lovely and in "your" colors. The wider hem tip is a keeper. I'll keep that in mind the next time I sew a soft fabric.
gatorgirl4325 said... (8/26/08 12:55 PM) Reply
Love your blouse! I was contemplating having a go at this one, now I can with confidence! Thank you for your through review!
Nancy K said... (8/26/08 11:13 AM) Reply
Since this is on my to sew list, I am very happy to see your review. The blouse looks great and I particularly like your wider hem tip. Great review and blouse, as usual
pterion said... (8/26/08 11:07 AM) Reply
Such a lovely blouse! This was the pattern that interested me most from the August issue, so I really appreciate the terrific detailed review. Gorgeous!
Seaspur said... (8/26/08 10:39 AM) Reply
Excellent review as always! The blouse is beautiful.
SheTee said... (8/26/08 10:26 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse and an excellent review! I have been wanting to make this top, and now I'm encouraged to get started!
Frogstitcher said... (8/26/08 9:14 AM) Reply
Lovely blouse. Very inspiring.
carolynw said... (8/26/08 9:04 AM) Reply
Recognised the EOS fabric immediately - your blouse is really beautiful - once again - great work
Kellie R. said... (8/26/08 8:21 AM) Reply
Beautiful!!! The colors are so striking and rich! This turned out great!
Flying Seamstress said... (8/26/08 7:29 AM) Reply
Fantastic blouse & thorough review. Love the fall colors too!
Danvillegirl said... (8/26/08 6:55 AM) Reply
Very nice looking blouse.
Ronda Rae said... (8/26/08 5:49 AM) Reply
Your reviews are always so thorough and helpful to those of us still learning the important basics used like interfacing, thread, etc. Thank you for an excellent review. The blouse is wonderful! The ensemble is awesome and just my style. Love it.
Elke said... (8/26/08 5:48 AM) Reply
This is so pretty! Thanks for the thorough review.
Sigrid. said... (8/26/08 3:31 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse and great review.
o3b said... (8/26/08 2:10 AM) Reply
Oooh, this is a really great review! I love your description - I was not intending to make this one b/c I cannot wear the empire tops d/t looking pregnant in them. So your comments are most inspiring. Great construction tips, too!
sewtime said... (8/26/08 0:57 AM) Reply
Love everything about your new top!
Patti B said... (8/26/08 0:45 AM) Reply
Your blouse is beautiful! Excellent review; I'm going to print it and put it with the issue. I hadn't noticed this blouse before your review.
hongkongshopper said... (8/25/08 11:52 PM) Reply
Thanks for the detailed review. The blouse is lovely.
QuiltersFan said... (8/25/08 10:45 PM) Reply
Thanks for the excellent review. I had admired this blouse or at least the line drawing of it in the magazine but I wondered about the fit. I have yet to try a BWOF although I have a number of issues. This might be the first. I like that it looks good worn open so thanks for sharing that point. Your fabric is really beautiful.
Amanda S. said... (8/25/08 10:05 PM) Reply
This is so pretty. I love the design, fabric, buttons. You've got the whole package here. Great job!
Re Becca said... (8/25/08 9:42 PM) Reply
That does look great! and it is great that you didn't have anyproblems with it. It looks so versatile!
DaisyEsq said... (8/25/08 9:31 PM) Reply
Thank you for such a thoughtful review. You made such a beautiful blouse. This is also now on my to do list.
sewbehind said... (8/25/08 9:24 PM) Reply
Beautiful fabric. You did a wonderful job on your blouse.
Karen6790 said... (8/25/08 9:00 PM) Reply
Gorgeous. How did I miss this fabric at Emmaonesock? I love the top - it looks like it would be very flattering on, and I just added it to my very long list of things to sew. Did I say "gorgeous" already?
stitcheroo said... (8/25/08 8:57 PM) Reply
Now I want to make this too. This turned out beautifully. Thanks for your helpful hints.
Speech girl said... (8/25/08 8:45 PM) Reply
Lovely blouse--I'm going to have to go back and look at that issue again . . .
Vintage Joan said... (8/25/08 8:36 PM) Reply
Wow, this blouse is a real knockout -- gorgeous!
Understanding Interfacings