Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3530 (Project Runway Dress/Tunic)

Reviewed by:Vonnevo

About Vonnevostarstarstarstar
Australia
Member since: 10/25/04
Posted on:8/29/08 2:43 AM
Last Updated:8/29/08 9:42 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Krissi said... (8/30/08 11:50 PM) Reply
Love the top, love the length, love everything you sew
Annette1 said... (8/30/08 11:19 PM) Reply
Well, having seen your beautiful version, I think I like this better as a blouse than a dress! :o) I LOVE IT!
Kathi R said... (8/30/08 6:34 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review - I love your tip on stitching down the pleats to avoid the maternity look.
Sherril Miller said... (8/30/08 4:42 PM) Reply
Very nice style on you. I like the b/w fabric.
Mufffet said... (8/30/08 3:16 PM) Reply
Great top. So cool looking. Great fabric. Texture plus pattern works.
Nancy Anne said... (8/30/08 12:45 PM) Reply
Very nice interpretation on a darling top- your changes made it special. Your hint about not needing a zipper is especially valuable, because I'd rather avoid a zipper if at all possible.
Beve said... (8/30/08 10:15 AM) Reply
I love your top! I never would have discovered this pattern without your review. THank you! Top looks wonderful on you...
cathy45 said... (8/30/08 10:02 AM) Reply
Very cute top. I was leery of the pleated front (prego effect) but it hangs nicely on you I may have to reconsider.
Fran G said... (8/30/08 7:50 AM) Reply
Nice top, Vonne! Thanks for the review!
CynthiaSue said... (8/30/08 0:56 AM) Reply
goodnesss you inspire me to try harder on my reviews! thanks! stylin top. wear it often!
2BSewing said... (8/29/08 8:33 PM) Reply
Wow! Beautiful. Love the striped fabric. You have a way of taking a simple fabric and making your top look awesome. Enjoyed your review.
cmarie12 said... (8/29/08 7:45 PM) Reply
The top is very cute! I love the fabric you used to make it!
Cody7 said... (8/29/08 7:21 PM) Reply
Once again a great review Vonne. The top looks lovely on you and the fabric you chose looks great. I bought this pattern myself last week so I am keen to give it a go also now. Good to see you back reviewing your lovely projects.
Heatherrique said... (8/29/08 3:43 PM) Reply
Gorgeous top on you, Vonnevo! I actually like your version better than Simpie's! Thanks for such a very helpful and timely review!
DorothyK said... (8/29/08 12:24 PM) Reply
Wow. This is a great little pattern. I love the fabric you used. Thanks for your tips. This pattern is now on my wish list.
Rhoda K said... (8/29/08 11:39 AM) Reply
Love the top and it looks so comfy! Great job, as always.
Twinset said... (8/29/08 11:27 AM) Reply
Really cute blouse! Love the fabric!
Luckylibbet said... (8/29/08 10:57 AM) Reply
Totally cute! And much thanks for all the helpful tips on working with this kind of pattern - wonderful.
gatorgirl4325 said... (8/29/08 10:23 AM) Reply
I've passed over this pattern many times, but after seeing your version I am looking at it in a different light! The pleats "make" this blouse! I love the striped fabric, it really adds interest!! Fabulous job!
kim*brown said... (8/29/08 9:43 AM) Reply
Darling top!
pterion said... (8/29/08 9:40 AM) Reply
Very cute top. It looks wonderful on you. Thanks for all the helpful tips and process photos.
Re Becca said... (8/29/08 9:36 AM) Reply
That looks so cute and comfortable. Thanks for the tips on using these patterns, it sounds like it could be confusing.
JBsewmonster said... (8/29/08 8:53 AM) Reply
Thank you for all the helpful tips and ideas. I have this pattern but haven't made it, fearing the "maternity look". Love your idea for stitching down the pleats.
Amanda S. said... (8/29/08 8:44 AM) Reply
How cute can you get? I LOVE it!
Natasha B said... (8/29/08 6:53 AM) Reply
I didn't notice this pattern in the catalogue and the line drawings look a bit ordinary, but your version is lovely. I especially like the v-detail on the yoke and the stitched down pleats. It's a cute top without being too "young and cutesy". Very jealous!
KarmenG said... (8/29/08 6:12 AM) Reply
Really pretty top. Thanks for all the tips.
Sew4Fun said... (8/29/08 4:48 AM) Reply
Really nice top! I like the fabric you used and great idea to use this dress pattern as a top.
Squeezylemon said... (8/29/08 4:45 AM) Reply
Elasticated cuffs seem to be in this year so another nice project to incorporate them Vonnevo! Love this on you, another lovely project!

All About Linings